ACN Latitudes Forums

do any of your children take zithromax and augmentin

Just wondering if anyone here has a child on both zithromax and augmentin (prophylaxis use). Separately,for those of your children on just zithro, what is the regimine, daily or just 2/3 times a week

Neither of my children are at the present time, but I am on both daily, as well as doxycycline (twice a day), tindamax (every other week,) and Rifampin (M-F). I am being treated for mycoP.

I think the doctor decides in individual cases how many often to give the child the abx. DS16 has never been able to decrease to less than daily use, and DS19 is now taking alternative stuff, because he is very prone to c-diff.

My daughter is currently on both right now. We started off in December with a 15 day burst of prednisone along with a 30 dats rx or Augmentin. Our rx for Augmentin ended lat Saturday but when we saw Dr. B with our lab work for our 2nd visit, we went back on Augnmentin and he added Zithromax. She has PANS, no positive ASO or DnaseB, and also has erlichiosis. So we just started with the combo of these two meds on Wednesday.

My DS9 is taking Augmentin 2000 mg BID and azith 500 mg once per day. For several months last year he took azith as prophylaxis. He took 500 mg twice per week. There is no standard protocol for prophylactic use. I have seen mention here that some kids take it once per week, twice per week or three times per week, and there might be still other approaches. Different doctors have different approaches with dose and frequency.