ACN Latitudes Forums

Cowden protocol

momcap

Well, I am trying to stay positive.

Maybe I'm a Pollyanna, but I do truly believe this thing can be licked.

I wouldn't be spending my 401k if I didn't really believe that-

I've had improvements over this last year- just finished year 1 of treatment, am with 2nd LLMD.

I was told about a 2 year treatment time, and I choose to believe in it- or accept the improvements, try to keep my health up, and move forward with acceptance -

but I have to try.

Hello all, I live in Australia and our health authorities do not beleive Lyme disease is in the country..

It took me 15 months for a diagnosis as (1)only (1) doctor here in Perth beleives the disease is in Australia. I went to multiple doctors before hand and diagnosed with CFS etc etc... pretty much the same story as everyone else I would assume. It really is frustrating that Lyme disease is not recognised in Australia as I had to send my blood to the States (at a huge cost) for proper testing, finally with a result of Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella. Im currently taking oral antibiotics (Trimethoprim 300mg 2/day & Azithromycin 500mg 1/day) and then taking Tinidazole 500mg 4 in 1 day at the end of each month. I started the antibiotic treatment in June with not much herx, but how the ###### can I tell what is a herx reaction when I feel like crap most days. Anyway, I have ordered the cowden support program (1st month) a few weeks ago so fingers crossed it should be here within this week. I will keep you posted when I start the additional cowden protocol and I'll report how it goes.

F@#K Lyme......

Hello all, I live in Australia and our health authorities do not beleive Lyme disease is in the country..

It took me 15 months for a diagnosis as (1)only (1) doctor here in Perth beleives the disease is in Australia. I went to multiple doctors before hand and diagnosed with CFS etc etc... pretty much the same story as everyone else I would assume. It really is frustrating that Lyme disease is not recognised in Australia as I had to send my blood to the States (at a huge cost) for proper testing, finally with a result of Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella. Im currently taking oral antibiotics (Trimethoprim 300mg 2/day & Azithromycin 500mg 1/day) and then taking Tinidazole 500mg 4 in 1 day at the end of each month. I started the antibiotic treatment in June with not much herx, but how the ###### can I tell what is a herx reaction when I feel like crap most days. Anyway, I have ordered the cowden support program (1st month) a few weeks ago so fingers crossed it should be here within this week. I will keep you posted when I start the additional cowden protocol and I'll report how it goes.

F@#K Lyme......

Thank you for posting, look forward to hearing more--

Hang in there!

Cool!

I ended up buying the Samento and Pinella (which is some sort of brain cleanse- hey, sounded good- and can be mixed with Samento)

Anyway- I've been doing Bicillin shots and Tindamax for the last 4 months, and oral antibiotics for Lyme before that, and herxed with the Samento- not crazy wild, but it is hitting.

I'm doing 7-8 drops of each 2x a day.

I have finally received the 1st month of the Cowden Support Program, I am starting today and will let you know how it goes from here on.

Fingers crossed!!

I would love to hear how it goes!

Same story here - we don't have lyme in Canada either - ha ha. Apparently the ticks don't have passports so they have to turn around at the border. :wacko: It boggles my mind that people who are intelligent enough to become doctors don't stop and think about some of these things. We also had to send our blood to the U.S. and go to a U.S. doctor.

Best of luck on Cowden and we're excited to hear about it!

I have finally received the 1st month of the Cowden Support Program, I am starting today and will let you know how it goes from here on.

Fingers crossed!!

Same story here - we don't have lyme in Canada either - ha ha. Apparently the ticks don't have passports so they have to turn around at the border. :wacko: It boggles my mind that people who are intelligent enough to become doctors don't stop and think about some of these things. We also had to send our blood to the U.S. and go to a U.S. doctor.

Hey momcap & S&S,

How long have you had Lyme for? Have you made ANY improvement? I just seem to be going up and down every few days. I keeping dragging myself to work as i need to pay a mortgage but i can really only manage 4 hours then i become so stressed because i cant perform at my normal mental capacity. Are you also really spaced out in the head/foggy etc etc?? Somedays i forget the most simpliest task im doing... like putting milk in my tea, I take it out of the fridge then wonder off holding it. I cant think clearly and its like im not on the planet. I get soooo frustrated with myself.. Are you the same??

Fingers crossed!!

Hey momcap & S&S,

How long have you had Lyme for? Have you made ANY improvement? I just seem to be going up and down every few days. I keeping dragging myself to work as i need to pay a mortgage but i can really only manage 4 hours then i become so stressed because i cant perform at my normal mental capacity. Are you also really spaced out in the head/foggy etc etc?? Somedays i forget the most simpliest task im doing... like putting milk in my tea, I take it out of the fridge then wonder off holding it. I cant think clearly and its like im not on the planet. I get soooo frustrated with myself.. Are you the same??

**Sadly, yes, those are the symptoms/manifestation of chronic Lyme- it gets neuro. The fatigue, too. I had un-diagnosed Lyme and Bartonella for years- over a decade.

Yep, can relate, and honestly, it HAS gotten better! I have finished 1 year of continuous treatment, and my head has cleared. I'm not doing my son's calculus, but I am clearer headed.

Anti-inflammatories may help, too (curcumin, fish oil)

Hang in there, one step at a time-

Hey momcap & S&S,

I think I got lyme when I was 12 - which would make it 22 years for me. I got really sick, saw lots of docs. No real answers. Elevated markers for JRA (but not high enough to diagnose), Raynaud's, RSD, depression, maybe fibro?, some problem with a vertebra possibly causing chronic pain? I was never treated on purpose, although I later took tetracycline for a couple of years for acne. After that I was feeling pretty good.

I did not have a lyme test until last year (it came back CDC positive for IgM). If I look at Burrascano's symptom checklist I have very few symptoms, and the ones I have are not difficult to live with - swollen glands, sore throat - wondering about mold issues in the house. But I have experienced many of the other symptoms in the past and found myself at times very debilitated. The brain fog was BRUTAL and I hope to never experience that again. I clearly recall feeling like I was hollow/empty, or like I was watching my life, feeling like I was outside of myself, or like you say feeling like you're not on the planet. It's hard to explain.

I got bit (again?) in Aug 2010 and was a living zombie for several months - along with a red circular rash, brain-crushing constant headache, swollen knee, sore throat, and high fever. I still didn't know about lyme then, so after going to the E.R. 3 times to no avail I decided I must have mono again, since it felt the same. It felt like I was looking at the world from 6 feet away, just totally disconnected from everything. After several months (no antibiotics), I just got better. No symptoms. But after the positive lyme test last year, I took the 3 weeks of Doxy that is supposed to cure everything (yeah, whatever). I felt fine before I took it, and I felt fine after. Doesn't seem like anything is different. I have decided not to pursue aggressive treatment for myself at this time, because I have so few symptoms, and with my children being treated I don't want to rock the boat.

Thank you for your responses. I thought i was seriously going insane with this disconnected-ness... Im taking fish oil daily and the 1st month of the cowden protocol includes the brain-cleanse. I just feel like drinking the whole bottle and hopefully this bubble around my head just bursts.. I know this whole treatment will take time but because there is no light at the end of the tunnel it is very overwhemling and self frustrating. Im on day 5 for the cowden treatment.. any herx or improvement I'll let you know.