ACN Latitudes Forums

8 year study question

I see that the 8 year study that is supposed to give insight into the longer-term prognosis for PANDAS ended in May 2010. Does anyone know when this study is due to be published or why it has not been as yet? That seems like a long time to hold onto study results.

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00044239?term=Characterization+of+Childhood-Onset+Obsessive-Compulsive+Disorder&rank=1

I found the same study about 2 years ago - before it "closed" and was never able to find an answer. If you look at the notes that you can link to, the only thing it says is that it was recruiting. Possibly it was recruiting for 8 years? LOL. I don't know if anything will every be published from it - but would love to find out. If you uncover anything please let us know! It says its being run by the NIMH, I'm going to sent it to a few people there and see if I get any reply.

I listen to that (again) and see what she says. I sent her an email, there were number of things the study looks at, and would like to see if anything was published, or will be published. If anyone re-listens to the koffee klatch, and Swedo mentions the name of the researcher that ran this study, we might have more luck contacting that person directly (if it wasn't swedo herself)