ACN Latitudes Forums

current Dr T patients

I am a NEW patient as of Dec 30 2011. I have difficulty getting him on the phone and I haven't even completed the blood work he ordered. (we just finished abx he ordered)

I'm gonna go through with lab work because I think his knowledge is valuable, and his opinion right now is important to me and can be passed on

to my local Dr. who I can work more closely with.

Just one mention of his name to the Neurologist at CHLA had her (hand)writing me a letter asking to know him and more of what he does, and this is

a Dr who couldn't seem to decide if she believed in PANDAS or not!

Edited by socalmom

We are also patients of Dr. T. It is hard to reach him, his phone rings busy or no one answers. I found him to be incredibly helpful, and the bloodwork he ordered showed us so much that we would have missed without him, we did the whole family. I highly recommend him and stalking him is well worth it. Try Sats, he is there working most of the day and answers the phone himself. The other best way to reach him is to set up a phone consult and pay....you get his undivided attention that way. However, you have to get them live to book the call, hahaha which is the harder part.

But, he is one of the best and really put our family on the right path. Getting him is quirky for sure though...I mean who doensn't have call waiting yet. :)

If your child is in a crisis, and you can't get through, I would e-mail and flag it as high priority. He usually checks his e-mail often. He will usually try hard to reply, if it is important (even on weekends). Try to keep the e-mail short and direct.

But otherwise, you will have to set up an appointment. He is swamped with patients.

Sounds like he hasn't changed much...didn't return my calls several years ago (when there were no other docs treating), and my local doc used the term: "abandonment." DS got very, very sick at that time (ended up hospitalized), and luckily that's when other docs names started to come across the forum, and we now we use multiple other doctors.

Dr T has helped our family as we entered the "PANS" world. He was available with no "wait" time when we finally stumbled across the idea that our ds probably had PANDAS. He sent blood work scrips out immediately, discovered myco p in ds and dd. He also brought awareness of our ds's weak immunological status. I have had him answer the phone on a weekend evening to help, when ds had a recent major exacerbation. I not only feel confident in his knowledge but also feel he cares about our children!