ACN Latitudes Forums

Zofran

Has Dr. B, or any doctor, ever prescribed a prescription med for severe nausea? Or to counter the nausea experienced after IVIG. Zofran was mentioned to me as one type of medication. You can pm if you like. My daughter is 10 and weighs 70lbs.

My daughter has severe nausea and is unable to go anywhere. I need something to help get her to CT.

Thank you.

Edited by philamom

Has Dr. B, or any doctor, ever prescribed a prescription med for severe nausea? Or to counter the nausea experienced after IVIG. Zofran was mentioned to me as one type of medication. You can pm if you like. My daughter is 10 and weighs 70lbs.

My daughter has severe nausea and is unable to go anywhere. I need something to help get her to CT.

Thank you.

I am new to the PANDAS arena, but I know zofran is commonly given to help with nausea as related to chemotherapy, dialysis, post anesthesia nausea and I have seen it given in pregnancy as well, but not commonly. It has been around for maybe 15 years. Are you wondering about dosing, side effects or just is it used commonly?

Edited by Mayzoo

Prescription Zofran, Phenergan, Compazine and over the counter Meclizine (Antivert) are commonly used for nausea. Meclizine is frequently something you have to ask the pharmacist/staff for (kept behind the counter in some pharmacies), but it is over the counter. There are probably others as well, but those are the most common.

My ds was prescribed zofran 4mg (65lbs) a few months ago for a severe stomach flu. It melts on the tongue and works like a charm!

My Dd has no vomiting - just severe nausea. Does it work for the nausea? How long b4 it takes effect? How long does it last? Thank you!

I need to get her on a train and then a taxi to Dr. B's office. Considering I can't get her in the car for more than 5 minutes, I'm nervous!

I just learned of this medicine today. It sounds like my fix, for now. Any info. would be helpful! thx

For that, you may also want to consider trying a scopalamine patch which is also over the counter. It is frequently used for travel sickness in cars or motion sickness for those on boats. It goes behind the ear and is works best if it is applied 4 hours prior to traveling.

Link

I am checking to see if a 70 lb child can/should use these.

Edited by Mayzoo

I need to get her on a train and then a taxi to Dr. B's office. Considering I can't get her in the car for more than 5 minutes, I'm nervous!

I just learned of this medicine today. It sounds like my fix, for now. Any info. would be helpful! thx

For that, you may also want to consider trying a scopalamine patch which is also over the counter. It is frequently used for travel sickness in cars or motion sickness for those on boats. It goes behind the ear and is works best if it is applied 4 hours prior to traveling.

Link

I am checking to see if a 70 lb child can/should use these.

Sorry, it appears they do not recommend using these in children under the age of 12.

Aww, Melinda..I'm so sorry to hear this!

I wonder if you mention something to Amtrak if they will give you as secluded seating as possible? You never know if you don't ask.

Good idea! I'll try and mention it without dd noticing. If I draw attention to the matter, dd will assume I feel she is going to vomit and then be upset.