ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep infection and playdates?

Hi, I am trying to understand how this works.

I have a mother of a child my son is very good friends with who was also strep positive without symptoms like my son. He is now on day 3 of antibiotics

and she keeps asking for a playdate.

Since my son is only recently thought to have PANDAS and I don't have lab work results yet how does one handle this?

My son is finished as of today with his 250MG of Azith and I am scared to expose him even though the mother insists her son isn't contagious and is currently on abx.

Thank you in advance for any insight into this matter.

I have a mother of a child my son is very good friends with who was also strep positive without symptoms like my son. He is now on day 3 of antibiotics

Since my son is only recently thought to have PANDAS and I don't have lab work results yet how does one handle this?

My son is finished as of today with his 250MG of Azith and I am scared to expose him even though the mother insists her son isn't contagious and is currently on abx.

okay, so I'll assume they need to steer clear of each other...... just not sure how long as no one seems to want to answer or knows. :(

Edited by socalmom

I think after 3 days you will be fine. They say 24-48 hours. If it's not her child it will be someone else. It's so hard in the winter, everyone seems to have strep!! My son was just fully exposed to a neighbor who tested positive and by the grace of God, he did not get it! He has had mycoplasma and then back to back strep infections in the past 2 months. I thought for sure he'd get it. Good Luck!

Thank you, my son finished abx yesterday so he can do blood work and today has been truly awful with him crying for little reason and raging...... :(

peglem, thank you.

I am so new to all this I feel like you guys are a reliable safe place to ask questions.

Thanks meckert, I hope your son is doing better.