ACN Latitudes Forums

great fact sheet to take to your family docs

practical advice

This is probably not new- but I have not spent time on the OCfoundation.org kids site lately.

It is great.

And this fact sheet! I will probably print it out and take it to my dutifully patient and kind family doctor soon.

oh & I cried when I read the last sentence.. way down at the bottom. I am so happy to read this after the article we have all been discussing the last few days.

Edited by PowPow

One of the authors, Susan, has been a member of this forum for at least a couple of years, and what she has learned and shared and advocated on behalf of our kids during that time has been phenomenal! I think it would be a small exaggeration at most, and likely none at all, to say that Susan almost single-handedly brought the issue of PANDAS to the attention of the IOCDF and professionals like Dr. Jenike to an extent the organization had never before contemplated.

Thank you, Susan! :wub:

practical advice

This is probably not new- but I have not spent time on the OCfoundation.org kids site lately.

It is great.

And this fact sheet! I will probably print it out and take it to my dutifully patient and kind family doctor soon.

oh & I cried when I read the last sentence.. way down at the bottom. I am so happy to read this after the article we have all been discussing the last few days.

I've not seen this before....Nice!

practical advice

It is great.

I agree - pass the tissues. Thanks for posting!

Great article- I did give this to my son's pediatrician when I took him in after his onset of PANDAS in September, and this is how we got our first 6 weeks of Augmentin.! Also Dr. M. is handing this out to patients to give to their other doctors. I also gave this to all my family members so they could get a good understanding of the issue by only reading a relatively short article.

Johnsmom--don 't get hung up on the "overnight" issue...ask yourself, did it start at an obvious period of time? Most of us can say the month, if not the week--but with milder initial symptoms the onset may not be as obviously dramatic. Instead, I would look for obvious reaction to the Ps treatments--and THAT speaks volumes.

This article is fantastic and will no doubt help countless practitioners to truly help children with PANs issues -- A big thank you to Dr. Jenike and to Susan Dailey -- thank you.

Edited by T.Mom

• 1 year later...

:wub: :wub: :wub: Susan :wub: :wub: :wub:

Tho I miss all her great advice here, she's still working with IOCDF and the researchers to move things forward. IOCDF now allows you to direct your donations toward specific research. So if you happen to have the ability to donate to a charity, you can give to IOCDF and ask that your contribution be earmarked for Pandas. They have funded some of the researchers we all know and love. The ability to point doctors to this article and other info on their site gives parents credibility and for that, we owe them thanks and any financial support we can muster. The annual conference is in Atlanta this year, so maybe you southerners can get a chance to thank her in person in July.