ACN Latitudes Forums

Tylenol and autism

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) lowers your Glutathione levels. Glutathione is a master antioxidant and one of the most important lines of defense you have against diseases, toxins, viruses, pollutants, radiation, and oxidative stress.

I am shocked and mortified. I was told that PANDAS was on the autism spectrum. We were told to give Tylenol when we got home from the vaccination!!! And my ds just had T & A out and they gave him Tylenol with codeine.

Edited by BoyIowa

I am shocked and mortified. I was told that PANDAS was on the autism spectrum. We were told to give Tylenol when we got home from the vaccination!!! And my ds just had T & A out and they gave him Tylenol with codeine. I don't remember giving my daughter anything but ibuprofen after immumulizatiins. Hoping every day that she doesn't get PANDAS.

PANDAS isn't on the autism spectrum. However, children with autism may be more likely to have PANDAS (vs. the general population). And non-autistic kids with PANDAS may have symptoms that mimic autism (but resolve with treatment PANDAS).

As far as I know, a little Tylenol (if your child is older) after a T/A shouldn't trigger autism (although the lowered glutathione may produce more subtle problems--who really knows?). However, Tylenol in a young (babies/young toddlers) vunerable population, combined with vaccines, seems to be a different story.

I am guessing that surgeons rec. tylenol over ibuprofen b/c they are worried about bleeding with ibuprofen. I don't know if this is a real problem, or just something they theoretically worry about, so they recommend against it to be on the safe side.

Here's a citation http://www.entnet.org/AboutUs/Q-A-TAPainManagement.cfm that says that Ibuprofen after T/A is fine:

"Ibuprofen provides excellent pain control and has not been shown to increase the risk of postoperative bleeding. 1 "

Edited by EAMom

My doctor said that we could use Tylenol with codeine or ibuprofen for the pain and swelling in throat. We are 1 week post T&A and are taking both as needed. My ds doesn't have autism, but I worry about what was in the vaccines that he had as a baby and the things that I read about that we were told were good for us and our children and now we are finding more and more that was hidden from us.

This abstract states that the aspirin link to Reyes has been de-bunked. I only read the abstract. I couldn't get the whole thing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20030462

I also found this:

Aspirin, Reye syndrome,Kawasaki disease, and allergies;a reconsideration of the links.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1719775/pdf/v089p01178a.pdf

This is interesting to me, and I would like to compile better sources along these lines, so if anyone digs anything up, please share.

• 3 months later...

i gave too much Tylenol to DS when he was a toddler. I remember gving him ibuprofren once and he became exremely hyper. Must have been the dye. We havent used tylenol since I was told 5 years ago that it strips glutathione.

I was wondering does anybody know how to get glutathione levels up?

I've heard of vitamin C, anything else?

My llmd also told me about the tylenol autism link. She told me to rarely use it on my baby especially around vaccines.

Neuro friend says same thing.

Can you give 8m old ibuprofen???

I remember when my older kids would get vax they would me a bottle of tylenol to use before vax.

I have used tylenol a few times not near vax. But would rather use ibuprofen..

There is glutathione cream at kirkman lab.