ACN Latitudes Forums

Ciprr. not getting her to sleep like the bactrim.

she is not as aggressive as on the bactrim. i am able to get it into her which is amazing, since she gets violent with everything i try, but it does not help her with sleep. up till 3am every night staring at computer. just absolutely stuck. on the bactrim, she was starting to be able to get her self dressed and to sleep, but she was a bit aggressive. ugh! actually, i think i would take her being a tad aggressive instead of up all night with severe OCD. Cipro. does not seem to be touching much. anyone else have this experience?

My dd and I are both on Cipro and Rifampin right now.

I don't know Wanda, it is hard to piece together what is causing what sometimes.

For dd, she is having 'spells' of bad vocal tics, flash of the anger/aggression, bad thoughts before bed last night.

And then: poof! She will snap out, and I will have a beautiful time period of maturity.

How long it takes to get to the other side? Long time, I think. Year? 2?

I also get discouraged, wonder what these strong antibiotics are doing to our guts, even though I'm getting in a billion probiotics into both of us everyday.

But, we've started, and I feel we have to see it through. She was born with this disease, that bacteria embedding in her body from day 1. It is going to take some time to get it out and heal from it.

I seem to have more energy on the Cipro/Rifampin, but I added Resveratrol a few days ago, and I'm feeling it.

Sleep here is elusive, too- but that is how it usually is- I try to get in a nap.

Your dd is home, right? Hopefully she can nap.

Anyway, I am rambling. Stay strong, stay the course, and detox as much as possible.

she is not as aggressive as on the bactrim. i am able to get it into her which is amazing, since she gets violent with everything i try, but it does not help her with sleep. up till 3am every night staring at computer. just absolutely stuck. on the bactrim, she was starting to be able to get her self dressed and to sleep, but she was a bit aggressive. ugh! actually, i think i would take her being a tad aggressive instead of up all night with severe OCD. Cipro. does not seem to be touching much. anyone else have this experience?

Wilma, I just wrote a comment on your other post about Cipro as well. It sounds like your daughter is having difficulty with psychiatric symptoms no matter what antibiotic you choose to treat her Bartonella with. We are having a similar problem. Check out my response to your other Cipro post. Do you have good psychiatric support for your daughter while you are treating her Bartonella? We are finding it to be essential for our son. He was on Topamax for a while but needs something more. We just tried Lamictal with poor results. I have an appointment this week with his psychiatrist and hopefully we will find something that he can tolerate and will help with the agitation, racing thoughts, and "paranoia" that comes and goes in cycles. I know that makes him sound bi-polar but he is not like this normally... meaning before we changed up his Bartonella medications. At the recent ILADS conference the docs said the Bartonella patients need a lot of psychiatric support.