ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone have experience with Roger's Memorial?

Hi all,

I also posted this in the OCD forum, but I figured it might be good to post here as well, hope that's okay. My son, 15, has pretty severe TS as well as anxiety and OCD. His OCD is really pretty minimal, it's more obsessive thinking than any type of ritualistic behavior, however his anxiety is much more severe. I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience with their child going through the residential program at Roger's for OCD/anxiety for teens? This program was recommended for my son by a local facility where he was in a partial hospitalization program recently. They felt that his anxiety and OCD is mainly what drives his tics, and although it's hard to know for sure, I think they are right.

He is currently on the wait list for Roger's program, however before I really seriously consider it, I will have to go there myself to see the facility and also am desperately trying to find other parents to connect with whose kids have been through the program, especially those with TS. The intake director told me they have had several TS kids go through the program, but she was not willing to pass along my contact info to any of this "alumni." Not sure I understand the problem with that since I am not asking her to break any confidentiality and it would be completely voluntary on the part of the other parent as to whether they wanted to contact me or not.

Anyway, if any of you have had your child through this program or might happen to know of someone who has, I would love to find out further details.

Thanks in advance!

Karen