ACN Latitudes Forums

Help, new and freaking out

hi bulldog24,

I did look into it, but if I'm not mistaken your child must have OCD, and at this time he does not. or..........at least not that I'm aware of.

In young children, OCD can be difficult to recognize as the behaviors are rationalized as a phase or quirky behavior. Here is a link to a list OCD in young children

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6153

peglem, thank you, my son has some of these behaviors!!!! i just thought it was his quirky way............I feel sick to my stomach now. :(

hi bulldog24,

I did look into it, but if I'm not mistaken your child must have OCD, and at this time he does not. or..........at least not that I'm aware of.

In young children, OCD can be difficult to recognize as the behaviors are rationalized as a phase or quirky behavior. Here is a link to a list OCD in young children

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6153

peglem, thank you, my son has some of these behaviors!!!! i just thought it was his quirky way............I feel sick to my stomach now. :(

On the other hand...if the tics/OCD are caused by an immune reaction, you may qualify for free treatment through the study and knowing this, could save valuable years of fruitless psychiatric and behavioral interventions. Really, knowing is a good thing!

That is great news -- to get another Southern California doc on board. There aren't many.

I was just wondering the other day if CHLA had any expertise in the area. If that neurologist seems to get on board, can you PM me her info? I need to find a good neuro for my son.

Thanks.

(Where in LA are you?)

HI Ifran,

I went on the 25 Dec to CHLA and my son had several symptoms one of them being tics, and when he was discharged all they told me was that my son had tics, and was " too pleasant to have PANDAS" I didn't need to stay overnight in a hospital with a freaked out kid to learn my son has tics, i can clearly see this!

They talked to me about psychiatric drugs and told me to seek help on an out patient basis with my pediatrician!

BUT now it seems the Neurologist has had a change of heart because yesterday i received a hand written letter from her asking to speak with Dr. T and explaining she " could always learn more and is very interested in what he's doing" :huh:

That is great news -- to get another Southern California doc on board. There aren't many.

I was just wondering the other day if CHLA had any expertise in the area. If that neurologist seems to get on board, can you PM me her info? I need to find a good neuro for my son.

Thanks.

(Where in LA are you?)

HI Ifran,

I went on the 25 Dec to CHLA and my son had several symptoms one of them being tics, and when he was discharged all they told me was that my son had tics, and was " too pleasant to have PANDAS" I didn't need to stay overnight in a hospital with a freaked out kid to learn my son has tics, i can clearly see this!

They talked to me about psychiatric drugs and told me to seek help on an out patient basis with my pediatrician!

BUT now it seems the Neurologist has had a change of heart because yesterday i received a hand written letter from her asking to speak with Dr. T and explaining she " could always learn more and is very interested in what he's doing" :huh:

I'm in the East Valley, Toluca Lake area. The Dr I saw was a Ramos- Platt.

I really hope something good could come from this, I faxed the letter to Dr. T, so we shall see.....

I'm in Pasadena. If you would like to get together some time, I'd be happy to meet for coffee or some such.

Let me know, and I will PM you some contact info.

Thanks.

(Where in LA are you?)

HI Ifran,

I'm in the East Valley, Toluca Lake area. The Dr I saw was a Ramos- Platt.

I really hope something good could come from this, I faxed the letter to Dr. T, so we shall see.....

I just wanted to also suggest our Doc in Melbourne FL has a second location in Irvine, CA. I don't know if that is close enough, but if you want someone to physically see you child, it would be worth the drive. I don't know how often his is in Irvine, but maybe it is worth looking into. He is an awesome PANDAS doc...also a DAN doc. My boys have PANDAS, and I know he has treated many others with it.

www.rossignolmedicalcenter.com

I just wanted to also suggest our Doc in Melbourne FL has a second location in Irvine, CA. I don't know if that is close enough, but if you want someone to physically see you child, it would be worth the drive. I don't know how often his is in Irvine, but maybe it is worth looking into. He is an awesome PANDAS doc...also a DAN doc. My boys have PANDAS, and I know he has treated many others with it.

www.rossignolmedicalcenter.com

LaraM,

Thanks, I had seen this doc mentioned online somewhere.

• 9 months later...