ACN Latitudes Forums

Natural Anti-Inflammatories?

jjl

I am trying to find out what everyone is using to combat inflammation. If you are using natural anti-inflammatories, can you please list what they are and which one you think is most beneficial. Since inflammation is a big player in lyme, it is beneficial to know what everyone is having success with. Any info is appreciated. Thanks, John L

Thank you to all that replied. This is good information. Happy New Year and best wishes for good health for all in 2012! John L

Edited by jjl

Thanks Michael. I will look into the Nrf2. Have you ever tried the Systemic Enzyme Therapy (SET) as mentioned in the Top 10 Lyme Treatments. This book indicates several good properties of SET, one being anti-inflammation. But the book is older and I am curious to see if people have had success with this therapy over the years or if it never really helped. John L

I am taking an EPA precursor and an excellent Xymogen product called "Nrf2 Activator", which has in it broccoli seed extract, turmeric extract, black pepper extract, green tea leaf extract, and pterostilbenes (last one is kind of a resveratrol like derivative).

I have not read that book. Just scanned a few pages in that chapter as offered by google books. I have taken some enzymes that probably fall into that category, and with good use. I found the combination of the enzyme serrapeptase along with detoxamin suppositories and cistus incanus tea great for a few months, and I think a lot of stuff got cleaned out during that time.

I am taking the Longvida brand of curcumin.

I have Enhansa (another brand) here as well, but like the Longvida better.

Our last Dr. recommended the Longvida brand- I guess he knew/talked to the guys at UCLA who patented it- the delivery system is better.

We are doing NAC and fish-oil. I bought curcummin, but unfortunately the capsules are too large for might sone (just slightly). Anyone know of a manufacturer that has smaller capsules? I think his were 500mg, and that was smallest I could find. trying to feed him more Thai and Indian food!

Also, Co-Q10 - DS takes that and it also has anti-inflamatory properties. Here is a link to more info on that.

http://www.nutritionalsupplementscenter.com/info/HealthSupplement/coenzymeQ10.html

We are using a good quality Omega-3 @ 2000 mg/day, Juice Plus (loaded with antioxidants), and Natural Factors Ultimate Antioxidant which contains NAC, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Grape Seed Phytosome, Green Tea Phytosome, Curcumin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Lutein (from Marigold extract), Lycopene (from tomato extract), Sulforaphane (from broccoli powder), and Zeaxanthin (from marigold extract). And the artemisinin they are taking is in a base of curcumin, quercetin, decaffeinated green tea extract and black walnut hull. So that's quite a bit I guess!