ACN Latitudes Forums

KPU Urine Test

I just opened my package for the urine collection with Vitamin Diagnostics, Inc. (Health Diagnostics & Research Institiute)- it's just a small brown bottle. It mentions a single urination is sufficient. And, it also says you only need to be off medication 48 hours prior to collection.

Is this what everyone else received? I thought it was a 24 hour collection and you needed to be off medications for 7 days??

Anyone test KPU through Vitamin Diagnostics? LLM?

-thx

Can you send them to me too? We're considering this as well.

Is this the best lab to use?

PM me your email and I'll get it to you. As far as I know, this is the preferred lab.

When we did the test, our LLMD checked off both. The total for the test was $70. I did see higher numbers for HPL although our dr seemed only concerned about the KPU number.

Thanks LLM.

Did you check off HPL in addition to Kyrptopyrrol? I read (Better Health Guy?) that HPL test results in a much higher yield?

The Kryptopyrrol urine test is $70. Not sure the price of the HPL.

When we did the test, our LLMD checked off both. The total for the test was $70. I did see higher numbers for HPL although our dr seemed only concerned about the KPU number.

Thanks LLM.

Did you check off HPL in addition to Kyrptopyrrol? I read (Better Health Guy?) that HPL test results in a much higher yield?

The Kryptopyrrol urine test is $70. Not sure the price of the HPL.

Ok, thanks.

Call the lab and ask. I can't recall if DD was on pepcid when we did the test (she's off it now). Their main goal is to make sure you're not taking a multi-vitamin, a mineral or vitamin supplement - anything that would throw off the results. We stayed on abx and probiotics. We did stop milk thistle, as that changes liver metabolism and I didn't want to throw anything off. I would call the lab with your specific questions. If the receptionist isn't sure, she can ask one of the lab techs. That poor lady fielded more than one call from me!