ACN Latitudes Forums

I think my ds has strep again and we have no access to abx.

No we have no fish and no access to ponds or anything .... Good thought tho. He's always playing with the aloe Vera plant and I am highly suspicious of that .... Starting to be worried about everything. His tics have settled in completely now. I knew I should have thanked every day I only saw a few ... :huh:

I'm keeping a particular watch on his asthma ... If it heads to his lungs I don't know what will happen. Strange that you had the same. Do you have any idea where you contracted it from?

No we have no fish and no access to ponds or anything .... Good thought tho. He's always playing with the aloe Vera plant and I am highly suspicious of that .... Starting to be worried about everything. His tics have settled in completely now. I knew I should have thanked every day I only saw a few ... :huh:

I'm keeping a particular watch on his asthma ... If it heads to his lungs I don't know what will happen. Strange that you had the same. Do you have any idea where you contracted it from?

I've been searching around and one common sources is hot tubs... any chance that could be the culprit? Just in case, I would bleach the bathtub at home, and make sure you run all towels and linens through the hot cycle with a bit of bleach. But apparently it also leaves in the soil, so just make sure, hard as it may be, to have him wash his hands often, and maybe keep that wound covered if you can.

Also, it seems Oil of Oregano is quite effective against it. We have used it on anything from cold sores to infected wounds and it works great (although sometime it may really sting, depending or where you are applying it)

I also run into another article that described how pseudomonas aeruginosa "invades" natural killer cell, thus affecting a person's immune system... hmmm.

Very interesting Vickie. Since discovering PANDAS Matthew's been on a 20 second soap then wash routine with his hands. (took advantage of the OCD - has to have an upside somewhere!)

No hot tubs around here but we do put Epsom salts in a bath for him. I will pull the bleach out and do the tub first thing tomorrow. I have been considering OoO but must admit the thought of fighting him to take it was putting me off (That and the cost) but I think I have to get it now.

I have been too scared to research the bacteria as just the little I read sent chills through me. First PANDAS now a weird abx resistant bacteria argh!!! Thank you for your thoughts. They have really helped me think. Thank you.

Very interesting Vickie. Since discovering PANDAS Matthew's been on a 20 second soap then wash routine with his hands. (took advantage of the OCD - has to have an upside somewhere!)

No hot tubs around here but we do put Epsom salts in a bath for him. I will pull the bleach out and do the tub first thing tomorrow. I have been considering OoO but must admit the thought of fighting him to take it was putting me off (That and the cost) but I think I have to get it now.

I have been too scared to research the bacteria as just the little I read sent chills through me. First PANDAS now a weird abx resistant bacteria argh!!! Thank you for your thoughts. They have really helped me think. Thank you.

If you are thinking of taking it internally, what we've done in the past is put it into capsules. You can buy the empty capsules online (or sometimes they have them at the health food store), put a few drops in, and then swallow the capsule without ever tasting the Oil of Oregano. So as long as we can swallow pills, that should work.

Isabel

Thank you Isabel. I was thinking internally as well since I have read about OLE being a great strep killer but also causing more yeast - that the OoO should counter (from what I can figure out) if taken internally. I make a huge fuss when Matthew swallows his big tablets about how clever he is and how I can't believe he manages so easily ....l works for now at least so I'm keeping it up.

Will try the capsule thing definitely. I've always been worried that a stuck tablet or bad tasting medicine will put the brakes on him happily taking whatever I tell him to, so a capsule for OoO would be a great answer :) Thank you. I am sort of dealing with the strep on one hand and the bacteria in his cut on the other. OoO should help with both I think.