ACN Latitudes Forums

For those who have used oral steriods

Dedee

My daughter who is 4 months post 2nd HD IVIG is in a bad flare. During the last month she has had a horrible stomach virus where she vomited & ran fever for two days and then the next week I suspect she had strep. Her babysitters kids both had strep and she complained of sore throat & headache so I switched her antibiotic to full dose zith (she was on erythromycin for myco p.). Since then her rages, ocd, and defiance has returned full force. She isn't very receptive to CBT during these times because she is so unreachable (if that makes sense). She has been on the Zith and on motrin for two weeks and it has settled some things down but we still aren't where we need to be. I'm hoping to call her doctor and see if I can get some steriods, but I need to know what to ask for. The practioner that did her IVIG is pretty good about helping out but it's best if I have something (like an article) to send as a reference for dosing. My other option is that I might be able to get my doctor to give me a steriod dose pack using my disk problem as a cause, but I wasn't sure if the dosing was right on the dose packs. Anyone have any suggestions? We really don't have the money for another IVIG right now so I need another option if possible. Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season!

Dedee

My daughter who is 4 months post 2nd HD IVIG is in a bad flare. During the last month she has had a horrible stomach virus where she vomited & ran fever for two days and then the next week I suspect she had strep. Her babysitters kids both had strep and she complained of sore throat & headache so I switched her antibiotic to full dose zith (she was on erythromycin for myco p.). Since then her rages, ocd, and defiance has returned full force. She isn't very receptive to CBT during these times because she is so unreachable (if that makes sense). She has been on the Zith and on motrin for two weeks and it has settled some things down but we still aren't where we need to be. I'm hoping to call her doctor and see if I can get some steriods, but I need to know what to ask for. The practioner that did her IVIG is pretty good about helping out but it's best if I have something (like an article) to send as a reference for dosing. My other option is that I might be able to get my doctor to give me a steriod dose pack using my disk problem as a cause, but I wasn't sure if the dosing was right on the dose packs. Anyone have any suggestions? We really don't have the money for another IVIG right now so I need another option if possible. Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season!

Dedee

I'm sure this is late and hopefully you got the answers you needed but pulse dose of prednisone has ace a huge difference in my daughter when her episode was bad. It did however makes things worse before it got better,but I didn't care. I figure what other choice do I have and if it helps for three days I can deal with it and so can her body. My daughter is 62 lbs and she took 3 pills of 10 mg each once a day for three days. Not sure what others dosages are ,but that is what my daughter took which helped. Good luck I feel for you.. This pandas sucks..