ACN Latitudes Forums

Glutathione video - OMG

lfran

Impressive video.

There doesn't seem to be any debate on glutathione's powerful role. Just debate on what to do if you're levels are low. Some say supplement and some say try to fix the issue that's making the levels low. The argument against supplementing is that it tells your body to make less of its own. Plus, oral glutathione is poorly absorbed (something like less than 10%?).

DS took it for about 6 months and he said it made him feel better, but it didn't change the core of his issues. Since the stuff we were buying was $0.50/pill, it just got to be too much on the budget with the other things we were pursuing. But if money were no object, he'd still be taking it. No question it's a great thing for the body.

The other thing some people use is Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is a precursor to glutathione and is much cheaper. The only precaution with ALA is that it can also be a mercury chelator and it can cross the BBB. So you may want to do a metals test (urinalysis or hair) before using ALA. I do not believe glutathione itself chelates metals.

SAMe also converts to glutathione in the liver and is another option, provided you're not already using an SSRI or "natural" equivalent such as inositol or perhaps even NAC.

But the video is a great demonstration of how "detox" can have dramatic effects on the body. It's probably one of the biggest lessons I've learned in the past year. Thanks for posting!

I have no doubt about the amazing effects of IV glutathione. I saw it first hand in my DD several years ago. She had severe colitis and was allergic to everything she put in her mouth. Her diet was mostly rice based (she was allergic to anything with gluten, dairy, soy, etc.). After two years of monthly glutathione IVs I started challenging her diet. I discovered she was no longer allergic to these foods and could eat anything as long as it did not have dyes or additives in it. If we didn't live so far from our doctor we would still be doing it. Every time we go there we try to do another glutathione IV. I wish it were easier to get!! 'Course, back then I did not realize that she also had PANDAS, Lyme, Bartonella, and MycoP.

Laura, what is the problem using SAMe and NAC combined? DD is on NAC and she just started SAMe earlier this week.

Edited by NancyD

My understanding is that both SAMe and NAC perform similar functions and act on the same neurotransmitters, primarily seratonin. So I would be cautious in "double dosing" or giving two things for the same "condition". Much like you need to be careful in giving inositol if you were already using an SSRI.

Here's an NIH study on NAC and SAMe effects on detoxifying the liver http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18068290 While I know they do different things, I think they also do some very similar things and would just be watchful for an "overdose" type of effect.

NAC is also an effective biofilm de-grader and can be used for thinning mucus, much like mucinex. But DD had a bad reaction to it, perhaps because we were inadvertently doing "film busting" without being prepared for lyme die off and detox needs. I don't think SAMe has the same effect.

Edited by LLM

Valid point since DD is already on fairly high doses of NAC. I just emailed our Dr to check on this. Will report back what he says.

I searched online for combo effects but could not find anything.

Edited by NancyD

Valid point since DD is already on fairly high doses of NAC. I just emailed our Dr to check on this. Will report back what he says.

Thanks for the info.

I also posted the link on the Lyme board, and was told the link didn't work, so I'm posting a direct youtube link here for anyone who has the same trouble but wants to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQRCpdcGwIU

But now my own questions, to those who have been down this path.

If Parkinson's is inefficient use of dopamine, isn't it the opposite of tics? I thought Tourette's, for instance, was too much Dopamine in the system. And my DS10's Cunningham test showed sky-high anti-D2 Receptor antibodies. But what does that really mean? Are his D2 receptors being blocked, so glutathione would be good? Or is it the opposite?

Thoughts?

Our doctor just emailed back it was fine to take SAMe and NAC together.

We saw an excellent integrative medicine/LLMD/rheumatologist who gave this to my daughter. We only got one infusion in before things went so bad that they could even gain IV access. The doctor said that my daughter could have this as often as we could get her in for it.

This video is great. Thank you very much for posting it.

I think I may head back to that doctor, now that my daughter is cooperative again!

Also see

http://www.miriamjangmd.com/DefeatAutismNow-protocol.html

"I.V. Glutathione: There have been some benefits with this therapy as far as calmness and getting rid of "tics" are concerned..."