ACN Latitudes Forums

lack of sleep....benadryl.....? nonstop blinking/eye-rolling again

eljomom

You know, I can't even tell you how it felt to have my dd "only have some ocd" type stuff. I say that with NO DISREGARD for those who only have ocd (without tics) and whose kids are in a terrible place with it. In fact, I know and fear that we could be there too some day....this stinkin' illness doesn't play fair. Anyhow, for a few weeks, we saw minimal ticcing. Still the evening up/tapping things, even tapping her nose, squeezing fingers (tic), and nonstop hair twirling (yah, that one gets me for some reason....). But no major, visible tics. I actually thought maybe she was going to back her way out of it all......silly me :huh:

Anyhow, last wednesday, I took 3 of my kids to Great Wolf Lodge for a homeschool deal for 2 nights. The second night, our best friends, who moved to Tennessee over the summer, met us, then followed us back to VA for the weekend. They came up to pick up one of our puppies from our litter (yes, I AM about certifiable at this point -- adding a litter of puppies to my list). Of course it was exciting, and I let her watch a movie in the car on the way there (I restrict TV b/c it makes her tic like crazy). I was worried about the tics getting worse b/c of the excitement. There were late nights too.

The second day there, some of the kids were really itchy from the chlorine, and especially the eyes. So Thursday night I (begrudgingly) gave her Benadryl. I am so afraid of any meds at this point. I can't remember what i heard on this forum, but benadryl is good for some pandas, and bad for others. Friday we headed home, and Friday night was loud (6 extra people in our house of already 6 people)....and early rising the next morning. repeat saturday night.

Sunday morning, I saw it. The blinking. Like being shot in the gut. Then it was back. Nonstop again. Just like in SEptember after her deep knee flesh wound. It's like someone hitting the "go into depression now" button.

Anyhow, trying for the life of me to figure out what happened. If it was just the excitement, then why didn't it happen before Sunday? If lack of sleep, why is it still going on, after she's gotten a few good nights of sleep again. Could the benadryl thursday night be giving her a paradoxical reaction (delayed)? could it be delayed response to a respiratory illness she had a few weeks ago? took her for throat culture today....neighbor's boys just tested positive, and we were with them monday and tuesday all a lot. (but she was ticcing again prior to this exposure)

just curious for some insight.

thanks