ACN Latitudes Forums

Depakote?

melanie

Ok any one use it??? Im not happy but Im thinking I have too..

Tell me the good the bad and the ugly!!

Melanie

We tried depakote. It was a disaster. It made my daughter very angry and defiant. Normally, I would describe her as having "stuck" behaviour, but she tries to work through things because she really does want to please. With the depakote, her behavior was terrible and she didn't care. I was so happy to stop that trial.

We tried Depakote twice now. Had no negative side effects and not sure if we saw a change for the better either. Maybe slept a bit better. Took DD12 off it this week to see if we notice any changes bad or good. She is on so many supplements like methel-folate and other meds, it gets hard to evaluate which are helping.

Was told the liver problem is 1/10,000 and is about the same as if you took Tylenol regularly.

I hate to post this because Im afraid Ill jinx things.

After the post I started the depakote with danny.

The very next day things changed.He is doing so well right now Im scared.Not sure if the PEX kicked in or the IVIG with the PEX or if its the Depakote ughh.

I know the depakote isnt soposed to work for 2 weeks but it was like the next day. I am going to call the Dr today and pick his brain,I do think hes having an issue sleeping.

I stopped giving him the intunuv too Too many changes at one time.But things are good soo

Melanie