ACN Latitudes Forums

New Here

LaurenK

Hello everyone, I'm new here. My son was just recently diagnosed with PANDAS. I'm so scared for my little guy. For those with older children with PANDAS, what is the outcome? Does PANDAS go away? Is damage permanent? I've been reading and reading so many mixed things! I'm new to all of this, not sure which way to go, not sure what to believe. Any help/input would be appreciated. Especially with the permanent damage part! It scares me!

What has worked for us...homeopathy!!!

Both my boys came down with PANDAS this year. My youngest (12) has had strep before, but not PANDAS. He also has autism. His started as verbal OCD in April...a week later he had a fever, swabbed for rapid and culture...both positive. Started homeopathy and the OCD cleared, then started zithro the next day. Did zithro for 30+ days. In the middle of the 30 days he started a biofilm protocol with the abx...the OCD and fever flared again. By the 6 week mark, the PANDAS completely subsided.

My other son had a sinus infection around the same time my other son had strep. He never had strep before (he is 14). He reacted to the ceftin he was put on for the sinus infection but he seemed to get better quickly. I never suspected strep in him. Three months later (July), he started having intrusive thoughts. He was put on zithromax for 30+ days, added in a biofilm protocol about half way through...no change occurred. We had been working with a homeopath for a number of years for acute situations and general health so I called right away. He was recommending remedies that were helping a little, but I found that a different remedy and then ultimately the strep nosode knocked it out. He had PANDAS symptoms for about 3 months. If he had been given the strep nosode sooner, I am pretty confident that the episode would have cleared up sooner.

Neither child has used IVIG or steroids.

My son has made a great recover with ABX(500 mg. per day for several weeks of Zithromax), a Prednisone Steroid Burst, Prozac(10 mg.) and Risperdone(.25 mg.) - it does go away so hange in there - make sure to check for Co-viruses and Co-Infections:) Streptozyme, Anti-DNAase Test and ASO Titers test as well as check for Herpes Virus and Epstein Barr Virus as well as Lymes Disease.

Hello everyone, I'm new here. My son was just recently diagnosed with PANDAS. I'm so scared for my little guy. For those with older children with PANDAS, what is the outcome? Does PANDAS go away? Is damage permanent? I've been reading and reading so many mixed things! I'm new to all of this, not sure which way to go, not sure what to believe. Any help/input would be appreciated. Especially with the permanent damage part! It scares me!

Welcome. You don't give much information, so it's hard to tailor a reply to your specific concerns. But I don't know of any research or any anecdotal evidence that suggests "damage" is permanent. Some behaviors might become bad habits that will need behavior therapy, but if you're talking about brain damage, no, I don't think anything is permanent.

What has worked for us...homeopathy!!!

Both my boys came down with PANDAS this year. My youngest (12) has had strep before, but not PANDAS. He also has autism. His started as verbal OCD in April...a week later he had a fever, swabbed for rapid and culture...both positive. Started homeopathy and the OCD cleared, then started zithro the next day. Did zithro for 30+ days. In the middle of the 30 days he started a biofilm protocol with the abx...the OCD and fever flared again. By the 6 week mark, the PANDAS completely subsided.

My other son had a sinus infection around the same time my other son had strep. He never had strep before (he is 14). He reacted to the ceftin he was put on for the sinus infection but he seemed to get better quickly. I never suspected strep in him. Three months later (July), he started having intrusive thoughts. He was put on zithromax for 30+ days, added in a biofilm protocol about half way through...no change occurred. We had been working with a homeopath for a number of years for acute situations and general health so I called right away. He was recommending remedies that were helping a little, but I found that a different remedy and then ultimately the strep nosode knocked it out. He had PANDAS symptoms for about 3 months. If he had been given the strep nosode sooner, I am pretty confident that the episode would have cleared up sooner.

Neither child has used IVIG or steroids.

Would you mind sharing which homeopathics worked??? Does it need to be custom tailored for the child?

Lauren-

I agree with LLM. I have two daughters with pandas, both onset and diagnosis close to two years ago.

I won't tell you it has been easy, but thankfully we have had long windows of time relatively symptom free.

I do not think there is any "permanent" damage done- but I do think the kids "learn" from pandas, and some therapy is needed for many to make a full recovery.

My best advice to a new parent is to find at least one, if not two, doctors EXPERIENCED in treating pandas- and then treat quickly and aggressively.

Everything will be ok :)