ACN Latitudes Forums

So I have low vitamin D levels

guy123

I just had some bloodwork done and my vitamin D levels are low.

They're going to put me on some high dose of Vitamin D for 3 months.

Hopefully it won't exacerbate tics. I'm thinking I should build up the dosage slowly and make sure.

Edited by guy123

Hello Guy

my son had low vit D3 as well and supplementing it worked wonders for him! He likes the one by Thorne Research.

It helped his Crohn's symptoms very much and had no negative effect on his tics at all. It also helped with OCD/depression/anxiety

I know some have said that D supps cause tic increase for them, but my son has definitely not found this, only overall benefits. Also when he has less stress (which is always when OCD etc is dormant) he tics less so if anything, it helps reduce his tics in that way.

Hello Guy

my son had low vit D3 as well and supplementing it worked wonders for him! He likes the one by Thorne Research.

It helped his Crohn's symptoms very much and had no negative effect on his tics at all. It also helped with OCD/depression/anxiety

I know some have said that D supps cause tic increase for them, but my son has definitely not found this, only overall benefits. Also when he has less stress (which is always when OCD etc is dormant) he tics less so if anything, it helps reduce his tics in that way.

I'm glad to hear it worked well for your son. I'll post my experiences here when I start taking it.

Pretty sure I don't have PANDAS, strep titers were negative. Although I did get the strep test 10 years after my tics started so maybe they wouldn't still show up.

I got the pills today. They're 50,000 IU (that's 12,500% RDA) of vitamin D2 (not D3 which is the kind commonly found in supplements) and I'm supposed to take it twice a week.

My son was evaluated for possible PANDAS by Dr Murphy at the time when his tics/OCD were at their worst. No indication of any strep, ever.

So just because someone has low Vit D3 and responds well to the supplement, is not necessarily indicative of a PANDAS condition??

I know a number of people who take D3 for other diagnosed conditions as well