ACN Latitudes Forums

Small Progress

Suzan

Cautiously giving a positive update about our new detox wellness protocol. We had our first appt last week where we got some laser treatments, allergy treatments and chiropractic adjustments.

Since then we have continued the baths (baking soda/epsom salt bath and apple cidar vinegar baths), foot detox bath, magnets for EMF protection and the new supplements in addition to the lyme abx.

Today dd10 said she must be healing because she started two nights ago thinking about having a normal bedtime. She wants to have a normal bedtime but she's afraid that she won't be able to go to sleep. She has so many bedtime fears and rituals and so for the past couple of years the girls go to sleep on the couch while we all watch some calming TV and I take them up to bed after they have fallen asleep. So we talked about some transition ideas and tonight the girls went to their room to see if they can fall asleep with a normal bedtime. They read in bed and if they were awake at 8:00 and worried they can come down then and we will have our regular bedtime. dd9 fell asleep but dd10 (she's the only one with the major bedtime issues) fell asleep but woke back up and came down at 8:00.

So she's alseep on the couch right now but she is happy about her first step and we are going to try again tomorrow. :wub:

Other changes, when dd10 has her OCD tantrums, she usually is not aware that it is not normal or that she is doing anything that she should stop. Now she knows it's not normal, she can say it's wrecking everyone's time, that she wants to stop but can't stop. Also, the girls seem to have more loving sisterly moments. dd9 has been sleeping better too so she has not been coming into my bed every night.

Long way to go still but this is helping me to feel like we are on the right path and adding in this stuff may really help. One of the things that is being treated is low neurotransmitters. I wonder if the neurotransmitter imbalance has been causing a lot of dd10's symptoms. With everything lyme does to your body, I'm starting to think supporting the whole system may be an important factor in healing.

Susan

So she's alseep on the couch right now but she is happy about her first step and we are going to try again tomorrow. :wub:

great news susan!! have you checked out anxietybc.com? there are some great worksheets on there. we have used the fear ladder -- but not so much in the way intended. it is supposed to be a fear heirarchy of 1-10. when we first found it, ds was unable to do ratings and we used it just to keep track of progress. there's also some great graphics in their worksheets.

recently, we used it to record our steps for school. we'd set up the step -- either him by himself or with consultation with me -- and then when he completed the step for the day, he'd put a check by it and also get a sitcker for another chart that was working toward a reward. he has just recently been able to rate fears 1-5 from what to do when your brain gets stuck, so he was also rating the step. it also helps to clue you in to what she may be thinking that you don't realize -- there may be something that throws off the progress that you hadn't realized and this can alert you to it before hand.

ds likes dot to dots so he's also done some charts where he gets to complete one line.

ds9 was jealous of the chart and stickers -- so he has begun a 'challenge chart' with stickers -- mainly for social anxiety issues, uaually with speaking to teachers or coaches.

congratulations on progress!!

Reading about methylation and detox and yada yada is all well and good, but nothing beats a story about a child who is suddenly freed from a crippling fear or behavior! I hope this is the start of many more happy events!

Thanks guys!

Smarty, thanks for the suggestions. I will check those out more. We have the book you mention about your brain being stuck and dd loved it while we were using it but we have not looked at it in a while.

LLM, I still want to understand all of what he is doing and I have not impressed upon him enough I guess on how I want to understand what he is working on but in the end I just want to see the girls get better. I know as I ask questions each time I will learn more.

My hope is to eventually buy a rife machine and take over as much of this stuff as I can for us to help manage the costs. I'm glad I bought the foot detox spa.

Susan

Any good news is great to see! My ds13 still wants to sleep with mom or dad. We are hoping that this will change soon...

Keep the faith. It will happen. DD10 went to sleep on her own in her own bed! Happy Dance.

Susan,

Great positive thing for me to read today. Thank you for sharing your successes, big and small.

Can you please tell me which foot detox product your purchased. I've been working with our chiropractor for my DD12 and she has benefitted from the foot detox treatments, but the doc suggested we buy our own system for home use. Curious to know where you purchased yours.

Thank you.

Can you please tell me which foot detox product your purchased. I've been working with our chiropractor for my DD12 and she has benefitted from the foot detox treatments, but the doc suggested we buy our own system for home use. Curious to know where you purchased yours.

Thank you.

This is the one my chiropractor uses in the office and it's on sale now....

http://www.bodybalancesystemonline.com/detox-therapy/products.html

It's the first one listed for $509. Our chiropractor says you can do it as often as every other day. We've only had it for a week but we are shooting for 2x a week since we have other baths that we are also taking. I'm glad to hear that your dd has benefited from it!

Susan