ACN Latitudes Forums

10 month homeopathy update

A few months ago I posted a 6 month update stating that we were relying solely on my sons' constitutional remedies to control strep/pandas. We are now coming up on 10 months and still going strong.

The road has not necessarily been easy, but compared to what our lives looked like before homeopathy, well there is no comparison. Things are so much easier, we can actually have a semi-functional existance. Both my husband and I are also being treated and have overcome our own "mental health" hurdles, and continue to impove each day (I have recently discovered that I definitely have a textbook case of pandas, which mostly comes across as paranoia and a "nervous breakdown" when I get strep or when someone in the house has strep). My own remedy, sometimes combined with the strep nosode, fully resolves my own pandas symptoms, along with several other health issues I had.

Don't get me wrong, my boys still get strep and they also still react to it if someone in the house has it. But the difference is that the symptoms are so far under the radar now that I can't even identify a pandas exacerbation anymore. Recently, all four of us had strep and I didn't know it until I happen to get culture results back 5 days into the boys' illnesses which confirmed strep. I was completely shocked. After getting the results I was able to look at the situation and then realize that...yes, one of the boys was being a bit more clingy than usual...and yes, the other one was flipping light switches from time to time. But that's it!!! They used to be completely debilitated by strep. Our whole house used to be completely debilitated by strep.

To give a few more details for those interested in or familiar with homeopathy, my boys' cases have moved mostly away from the mental "plane" and onto the physical "plane", meaning that most of their problems now exist mainly with physical symptoms. This is the standard path of healing. The goal is to keep moving forward and off the physical plane all-together, except for minor issues such as colds, etc.

The physical illnesses the boys have been dealing with have not been easy, though. Eli, my oldest son (7), recently had a bout of strep which caused a mild flare-up of asthma/croup (he hasn't had asthma in several years), a very high fever (he has never been one to get high fevers) and a ruptured ear drum. Mentally, I saw some OCD in the form of flipping light switches here and there. While this was happening with Eli, Bradley, my youngest son (3, almost 4) actually ended up in the ICU after a febrile seizure and a bout with pneumonia (and of course, Group A strep). Due to the severity of the boys' issues and the fact that I, too, was sick and sleep deprived, we were forced to allow antibiotics for the first time since starting homeopathy. I was not able to treat both boys with homeopathy since I could not be in two places at once (otherwise I could have at least treated Eli who was not in the hospital), although I was able to pull Bradley out of respiratory distress while he was in the hospital with a remedy for pneumonia (shhh...don't tell the nurses!). Unfortunately, the antibiotics caused one of my boys to get a yeast infection and the other to get clostridia. Both of them became aggressive. I was forced to stop both of their antibiotics early and go back to their remedies to get on top of the aggression (my oldest son spent an hour kicking, biting, slapping me, etc.). They are both fine now, but I was once again reminded how severe these boys' behavior problems used to be when we were using antibiotics. Also, Bradley developed steroid induced psychosis on his 4th day of steroids (prescribed for the pneumonia), causing me to stop the steroid early, as well. Bradley now suffers from rather severe asthma and I have been forced to pull him from school to keep him from all viruses, etc. Eli has also had several severe episodes with asthma, one of which landed him in the ER recently. As disheartening as these trials have been, I would take life-threatening physical impairments over pandas/autism any day. And I don't say that lightly. That is how severe their pandas symptoms used to be.

In speaking with the boys' homeopath and her assistant, they feel that the severity of the boys' physical issues is due to the speed at which I have been going in terms of moving up the potencies of their remedies. Not to mention I have added in camel's milk and "juicing" to their protocols each day. Apparently this is too much detox, too soon. I have since attempted to back off the potency of their remedies (we were all taking the 10M potency and we are now back down to 30c and 200c). Do I regret throwing too much at them? Maybe a little, only b/c Bradley's life has been on the line several times recently. But do I regret ridding these boys of 90% of their pandas symptoms? Nope! :)

A few other gains: all chiari malformation symptoms are gone, tremendous improvement in speech apraxia, much more socialization, NO meds, very few supplements needed.

I'm sorry to those who have contacted me with questions in the last couple of months. I will still try to get to your emails, etc., I'm just very busy dealing with our new set of illnesses and trying to put our lives back together in-between!

I also want to share a great article/paper regarding the homeopathic treatment of strep for anyone interested. There is mention of pandas toward the end of the paper. This paper basically depicts how aggressive one needs to be when dosing remedies for strep when there is an active strep infection (although I did not have to dose this aggressively with my husband recently, so I suppose it depends on the severity of the infection).

http://hmssny.org/2005/07/a-homeopathic-approach-for-the-treatment-of-streptococcal-pharyngitis/

Thanks for the update! Thankful that things have settled down for you there! I was praying for you and the boys!

I also want to thank you for sharing that article again. Homeopathy is what pulled my sons out of their recent (and first)

PANDAS episodes (12 and 14 year old boys). It was this article that lead me to obtain the strep nosode for my typical son...which stopped all PANDAS symptoms within 3 days (although the first dose caused MAJOR improvement). My son was working with the same homeopath for his PANDAS symptoms and we were seeing minor gains with other remedies. I was not seeing a wow! response as far as reduction in symptoms so I took his case (studying homeopathy so I am already learning how to choose a remedy) and gave him a remedy that helped about 50-60% with his symptoms (wow!)....but it was the strep nosode that showed me the WOW! factor of homeopathy!!! He has not taken any remedy since the end of October...and the symptoms are still gone.

We have been using homeopathy for at least 8 years...for lots of acute situations and with success...asthma attacks, broken bone pain, post-surgical pain, cramps, earaches, flu, diarrhea...even used it on my mom's dog, horse and my son's fish with noticeable improvements.

BTW...the son that I speak of above just had his ASO and Anti-DNAse B titers taken again. They are still positive ASO=200 and Anti-DNAse B = 2730 (was 2140 before the strep nosode was given...so it has INCREASED...BUT...he is no longer showing PANDAS symptoms (go figure!!!).

A message to everyone...TRY HOMEOPATHY ASAP (yes I am screaming because it works and I don't want anyone to miss out on something so powerful yet so non-invasive)!!!

Stephanie CONGRATS! I am so happy for you.

Ours is a homeopathic success story too.

My mom is a classical homeopath in the UK and I am a pediatric Holistic practitioner of Complex Homeopathy and A.R.T. here in NJ.

I have trained with Dr Klinghardt for two years now and recently had the wonderful opportunity of training in his clinic and for him to see my son. DS 9. Dr Kling confirmed that PANDAS was the primary issue for ds and lyme and Co were secondary. So him, mom and I came up with a pretty aggressive protocol homeopathic, Bionic and cryosurgery of the tonsils and adenoids.

Homeopathically we used strep nosodes, Pleo sanum remedies for treatment and Energetix remedies for prevention.

Homeopathically we are also going to try out the Bionic 880 biophoton light therapy using the strep nosodes which allows for intracellular penetration of healing biophotons along with the nosode. Interestingly the Bionic 880 which has been thus far used primarily for Lyme and Co. The German homeopaths treating lyme in children realized PANDAS to be a huge component and there are strep nosodes and protocols to address strep using the Bionic. I have been in training with the German clinicians for the last six months and just got back from Germany after the final phase of training and the Cryosurgery. The Bionic 880 for strep is also excellent for a strep carriers since biophotons will retrain one's own immune system along with the serial strep nosodes to keep strep at bay. That is my next step with Ds as soon he recovers from his cryo surgical T & A. Infact I will have the Bionic 880 with PANDAS nosodes, lyme and coinfection nososdes, immune entrainment, and treatment protocols in my clinic in the next couple weeks! Its still in Germany but we have received all the clearances needed and it will be shipped soon I heard. Very excited.

We are actually using organic raw goat's milk instaed of camel's milk and are seeing very good results. Dr Kling's nurse mentioned both work on pretty much the same principle - natural enzymes promote healthy digestion, rebalance the synthesis of neurotransmitters and help in detoxing by preventing intestinal reabsorptions of released toxins- namely sealing the leaky gut. This along with the homeopathic protocol works very well.

We are also pursuing GC MAF shots.

Ds is now all clear of Aspergers. We have minimal OCD, NO motor tics, NO vocal tics, minimal inflammation in the bone marrow which is rapidly resolving. Ds has no brain fog,no intrusive thoughts, no anxiety, is age appropriate in every way, no GI issues, immune system is healing and he is now responding with fevers to even a cold virus! My babysitter thought I was nuts rejoicing over a fever after a recent cold Ds picked up! This is the first time in 7 years that DS is able to mount an immune response since being diagnosed with Aspergers and first motor and vocal tics at age of 22 months of age, PANDAS in March 2010, and Lyme and Co in August 2010.

Ds's suffering and this 7 year journey thru neurological challenges has been such a huge learning curve for myself as well. We have been able to identify several children with Autism in my practice as also having PANDAS and right now we're seeing phenomenal success with the children making rapid progress in language, self care, academics etc once the PANDAS has been addressed. I am using Homeopathic protocols and working closely with Dr T and Dr Jones (absolutely brilliant and amazing docs!!) for the conventional abx part of the treatment. Its been an amazing transformation in so many of my little guys, I love going to work and seeing happy alert little faces.

Point to note is Dr Kling and the cryo ENT surgeon both found myself and DH to be huge strep carriers and we had cryosurgery for T&A and sinuses as well. We are recuperating. All of us also have Lyme and Co but just found out (in our early forties!) that we have PANDAS too for sure. On the lighter side while I am glad to see my sleep issues disppear, I am hoping to keep my house cleaning OCD!

I will be treating my entire family with the Bionic 880 for PANDAS, lyme and Co and will also investigate GcMAF for myself and DH once Ds is all set.

Thats been my experience so far.

Edited by sptcmom

I read the article--I am assuming everyone who posted on this thread is doing this protocol with the assistance of a homeopath? That this isn't a thing one attempts on their own?

Actually, I am not doing this exact protocol. For those doing classical homeopathy it would be best to substitute sulphur with the constitutional remedy (or an acute remedy carefully selected by an experienced homeopath). Furthermore, in an attempt to stay within the bounds of classical homeopathy, I am not combining the two together at the same time. I have been instructed to dose the constitutional remedy when the symptom picture is more mental/emotional, and the strep nosode when the symptom picture is more physical (sore throat, congestion, fatigue, body aches, even vomitting, headache, leg cramps). With that said, many times both are dosed on the same day if the symptom picture changes that rapidly. I, myself, have experienced this wild ride: get a sore throat, take the strep nosode, and next thing you know my sore throat is gone but paranoia/OCD/depression kicks in, then I take my constitutional remedy and the mental symptoms go away. I am then good to go, or I may have to repeat several times until I am clear of all symptoms for good.

Not to toot my own horn, but in the past few months I have gotten very good at knocking out strep in this house with the above approach (also our homeopath has gotten some really good experience with many pandas patients and is also getting very good at guiding us...

My mom is a classical homeopath in the UK and I am a pediatric Holistic practitioner of Complex Homeopathy and A.R.T. here in NJ.

I have trained with Dr Klinghardt for two years now and recently had the wonderful opportunity of training in his clinic and for him to see my son. DS 9. Dr Kling confirmed that PANDAS was the primary issue for ds and lyme and Co were secondary. So him, mom and I came up with a pretty aggressive protocol homeopathic, Bionic and cryosurgery of the tonsils and adenoids.

Homeopathically we used strep nosodes, Pleo sanum remedies for treatment and Energetix remedies for prevention.

Homeopathically we are also going to try out the Bionic 880 biophoton light therapy using the strep nosodes which allows for intracellular penetration of healing biophotons along with the nosode. Interestingly the Bionic 880 which has been thus far used primarily for Lyme and Co. The German homeopaths treating lyme in children realized PANDAS to be a huge component and there are strep nosodes and protocols to address strep using the Bionic. I have been in training with the German clinicians for the last six months and just got back from Germany after the final phase of training and the Cryosurgery. The Bionic 880 for strep is also excellent for a strep carriers since biophotons will retrain one's own immune system along with the serial strep nosodes to keep strep at bay. That is my next step with Ds as soon he recovers from his cryo surgical T & A. Infact I will have the Bionic 880 with PANDAS nosodes, lyme and coinfection nososdes, immune entrainment, and treatment protocols in my clinic in the next couple weeks! Its still in Germany but we have received all the clearances needed and it will be shipped soon I heard. Very excited.

We are actually using organic raw goat's milk instaed of camel's milk and are seeing very good results. Dr Kling's nurse mentioned both work on pretty much the same principle - natural enzymes promote healthy digestion, rebalance the synthesis of neurotransmitters and help in detoxing by preventing intestinal reabsorptions of released toxins- namely sealing the leaky gut. This along with the homeopathic protocol works very well.

Ds is now all clear of Aspergers. We have minimal OCD, NO motor tics, NO vocal tics, minimal inflammation in the bone marrow which is rapidly resolving. Ds has no brain fog,no intrusive thoughts, no anxiety, is age appropriate in every way, no GI issues, immune system is healing and he is now responding with fevers to even a cold virus! My babysitter thought I was nuts rejoicing over a fever after a recent cold Ds picked up! This is the first time in 7 years that DS is able to mount an immune response since being diagnosed with Aspergers and first motor and vocal tics at age of 22 months of age, PANDAS in March 2010, and Lyme and Co in August 2010.

Ds's suffering and this 7 year journey thru neurological challenges has been such a huge learning curve for myself as well. We have been able to identify several children with Autism in my practice as also having PANDAS and right now we're seeing phenomenal success with the children making rapid progress in language, self care, academics etc once the PANDAS has been addressed. I am using Homeopathic protocols and working closely with Dr T and Dr Jones (absolutely brilliant and amazing docs!!) for the conventional abx part of the treatment. Its been an amazing transformation in so many of my little guys, I love going to work and seeing happy alert little faces.

Point to note is Dr Kling and the cryo ENT surgeon both found myself and DH to be huge strep carriers and we had cryosurgery for T&A and sinuses as well. We are recuperating. All of us also have Lyme and Co but just found out (in our early forties!) that we have PANDAS too for sure. On the lighter side while I am glad to see my sleep issues disppear, I am hoping to keep my house cleaning OCD!

I will be treating my entire family with the Bionic 880 for PANDAS, lyme and Co and will also investigate GcMAF for myself and DH once Ds is all set.

Girlfriend, are we friends on FB??!! If not, we need to be! I can see you will be moving and shaking things up in the pandas community!! Also, i'd like to get you into our little homeopathy group on FB (most of us use PF or Angelica Lemke, but some use Ullman and other hpaths).

Girlfriend, are we friends on FB??!! If not, we need to be! I can see you will be moving and shaking things up in the pandas community!! Also, i'd like to get you into our little homeopathy group on FB (most of us use PF or Angelica Lemke, but some use Ullman and other hpaths).

That sounds great! yes, definitely. I will PM you later on today. Your knowledge in Homeopathy is amazing and the fact that you made this choice for your family at the right time is also a sign that your children will heal really well using this approach.

Locally, I have a great network of a LLMDs, DAN! docs, Chiros and pediatricians who understand Lyme, PANDAS and Spectrum issue connections and we work together. We also work together with Dr T, Dr Jones, Dr Klinghardt, Dr Dorochov in Germany, Dr Grundmeyer in Germany and also Dr Buschkuhl in Germany and most of us are ILADS clinical practitioners and members including myself.

Its been amazing to help so many children with stealth PANDAS issues under all that spectrum behaviors. My little guy's journey and my resulting learning has helped so many of other families. Motor tics commonly labelled as "stims" have been disappearing with Homeopathic treatment, children are happier, more cooperative and the special Ed schools are now approaching me to hold some lectures about this "new age" medicine LOL!

I wold love to connect with like minded mothers, professionals, folks in general who understand the approach we have chosen for our childrena nd families.

I would be happy to share what I've learned.Infact two Dr Klinghardt's healing devices for Neuro Biofeedback arrived yesterday (Yay!) and still waiting on Bionic, Beemer 300, Green Laser to arrive in the next week or so. These help with CCSVI issues, help improve the microcirculation to the brain, reduce inflammation, regulate any allergy type overreaction, rebalance the vital/ chi organs, retrain the immune system to void the autoimmunity, the immune system actually prodcues less and less autoantibodies in PANDAS kids once treated with the cascade of Strep and immune down regulation Nosodes. Ive seen it during my training and its amazing how the motor and vocal tics reduce and disappear.

My little guy and myself will be the first to get treated with the new devices and will start using them in clinic during the Christmas break when a lot of my families want to try them as well.

The preventative aspect of Strep exposure is another HUGE factor that is very disabling for PANDAS kids. My son would be unable to walk with strep exposure as the inflammation would go directly to his pelvic bone marrow. Well, The German Homeopaths have this figured out as well. There are throat coat homeopathic formulations that coat and bind microbes, coat the MALT area and protect the child. I brought these back for DS but am currently in talks with the German manufacturer to get a steady supply for my clinic. So lots being learned, lots happening.

I am coming to Florida to see Dr Bradstreet and train with for the GcMAF protocols as part of my continues training for my son and my practice in the near future. Will send tons of extra PVs your way once we land in your state!

More later.

Edited by sptcmom