ACN Latitudes Forums

HLA DR testing back

Here are my son's results on his HLA DR. I'm not sure how to interpret. Can someone please help?

DRB1*07:01

DRB1*08:01

DQB1*02:SS

DQB1*04:BD

DRB3*-

DRB3*-

DRB4*01:ARYE

DRB4*-

DRB5*-

DRB5*-

This is what I think it is showing based on this chart:

http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests

Genes from parent 1 (probably me):

DRB1: 07

DQ: 02

DRB3: ---

DRB4: 01 (translates to 53 on the chart)

DRB5: ---

From the chart this means to me: Mold susceptible

Genes from parent 2:

DRB1: 08

DQ: 04

DRB3: ---

DRB4: ---

DRB5: ---

From the chart this means to me: no recognized significance

Edited by Christianmom

It is looking like 'mold' could be an issue. May be wise to look over your house a bit. Keep detoxing if you can, until you discuss with doctor. Mail me if you want the Dr. S Overview of his recent conference from the Lymeguy website.

Best wishes!

Edited by JuliaFaith

Thank you JuliaFaith. So my interpretation was correct--one gene for mold, one gene normal? Does this rule out chronic lyme?

Also, I was wondering if by mold you mean specifically "black mold" (i.e. toxic mold). Or should I be eliminating all mold? And how do you know the difference?

What do you use to detox? Is it effective? Are the natural detox things like chorella as effective as Cholestyramine?

Who is your doctor? OK, I guess I reached my limit of questions for one post :)

Here are my daughter's results from a few months ago. I haven't had the chance to check Shoemaker's Rosetta Stone for an explanation (not sure I could figure it out anyhow). I was already told prior to this test that my dd has the HLA DR4 genotype, but I still need to investigate if mold may be an issue as well.

DRB1*04:01

DRB1*07:01

HLA DQB1*02:SS

HLA DQB1*03:JWKX

DRB3*-

DRB3*-

DRB4*01:ARYE

DRB4*-

DRB5*-

DRB5*-

S&S may be on the right track regarding detoxing or inability to detox. For four halotypes (number results), the dr. indicates that they indicate the inability in identifying and excreting mold & lyme toxins. These are:

15-6-51 (which my son has tested)

16-5-51

11-3-52B (dreaded - not sure what this means)

4-3-53 (dreaded)

On another note, our ND says that everyone has some of these come back and that it is just another piece of the puzzle for treating but may not have any impact on whether you get these or not.

Our Dr. told us the 'dreaded' means trouble detoxing BOTH Lyme and mold toxins-

my daughter has 1 gene of the dreaded 4.3.53 :-(

Other one is normal.

I haven't had this test done, and frankly don't want to, and am not going to, would rather put the money somewhere else. Already doing detoxing with CMS powder and many other things.

But our Dr. said these genes are related to the ability to detox effectively Lyme, mold, or both.

But this all comes from Shoemaker.

Philamom, one of your gene pattern is 7.3.53,

which is a mold only susceptible gene.

The other one appears 'normal'.

P.S.

If I knew how to cut and paste from my iPhone, I could show you a key to the genetic patterns.

Edited by S & S

Philamom, here's the link for the chart:

http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests

And here's the instructions to decode the number:

Instructions for Using the Rosetta Stone for HLA DR by PCR

• On a lab report, there are five categories of results. Each patient has two sets of

three alleles, unless DRB1 is 1, 8, or 10. Those will only have a DQ, and no DRB 3,

4, or 5. Everyone else will have a DQ and one other allele from DRB 3, 4, or 5.

• You only use the first two numbers from each line of the report.

• If there is one entry, instead of two, the patient is homozygous for that allele.

• The categories are translated:

– DRB1 = B1

– DQ = DQ

– DRB3 = 52A, 52B, or 52C

– In DRB3, 01 is A, 02 is B, and 03 is C.

– DRB4 = 53

– DRB5 = 51

– In DRB1, if the first two numbers are 03, rewrite it as 17.

Your 7/3/53 was very similar to my son's -- mold susceptible. He also had one normal gene.

Edited by Christianmom

Thanks guys. I need to address this again at some point but right now I'm focusing on some recent positive lupus results. Just ran a bunch of labs and awaiting the results.

I guess I should check out Shoemaker's site again and consider some more labs/ERMI.

Christianmom- couldn't open the second link.

Thank you JuliaFaith. So my interpretation was correct--one gene for mold, one gene normal? Does this rule out chronic lyme?

Also, I was wondering if by mold you mean specifically "black mold" (i.e. toxic mold). Or should I be eliminating all mold? And how do you know the difference?

What do you use to detox? Is it effective? Are the natural detox things like chorella as effective as Cholestyramine?

Who is your doctor? OK, I guess I reached my limit of questions for one post :)

By now you know that the DNA tests for markers that might indicate the patient's body's ability to detox from mold & lyme. Probably does not tell you that you have it.

If you do the ERMI test, it will give you a long list of molds and indicate the level of each that was detected. The top section of the test are typically indoor molds and the bottom half are typically outdoor molds. Usually the outdoor molds are not the concern as much as the indoor. Everyone has mold in their house. They are all different colors and present differently. I researched the ones that tested the highest in my house and saw pictures and descriptions of them (only about 4 different kinds).

To detox, my son does: 20 tabs. of chlorella 3xday along with 3 gels of salmon oil (taken at the same time) before meals; Detox deoderant; daily epsom salt baths. The Cholestyramine is a prescription so may be able to get it paid for, whereas, the chlorella & salmon oil are not. My research on cholestyramine turned up some interesting side affects which made me glad that my son is using chlorella, but everyone does what they have to do to get healthy. My dh started taking the chlorella/salmon oil and feels so good he is continuing too (has not been diagnosed yet with any of this).

My son's doctor works in the same office as Dr. K which is great because they all discuss their cases with one another so it is like a whole team is working on your health issues. We have the opportunity to see Dr. K but he works with 2 other doctors in the room (one of them is my son's current doctor) and is much more expensive. It is good knowing that the opportunity is there if we need it but testing is showing improvement so we are staying with the current doctor. My son's doctor did have a phone conference with Dr. S on the DNA results. She seems to think that everyone has results come back but not everyone is going to be affected by the results (according to Dr. S that is 25%). Was recommended by dr. to buy Dr. S new book. I did not read his chapters on lawsuits but the rest of the info. was interesting (just wish there was an index so I can find certain subjects again).

Sorry it took so long to answer your questions (older son just had shoulder surgery).

Best of luck with all of this. We redo our ERMI in another month to see if it is low enough to stay in our house.

FYI - There was a study (cannot remember who did the study - maybe one of these doctors) where they put mold in 2 petri dishes. One of the dishes was put in room with high electric magnetic fields (EMF's) and the other one was not in a room with high EMF. The mold in the high EMF room grew 600 times faster and was more much more toxic than the other one. Also, the schools in Europe do not allow wireless electronics in the schools because of their high EMFs. This may become more of a topic in the future...

Hi - sorry I normally hang out on the PANDAS forum but was hoping someone would be kind enough to decipher my dd's HLA testing. I've been to the link and read the explanation an dthink she's ok and not susceptible but would someone in the know be good enough to confirm it for me.. just too dumb I'm afraid...

DRB1 03:JRFR

DRB1 08:01

DQB1 02:SS

DQB1 04:BD

DRB3 01:XX

DRB3 -

DRB4 -

DRB4 -

DRB5 -

DRB5-

Thanks for any info :)

Hi - sorry I normally hang out on the PANDAS forum but was hoping someone would be kind enough to decipher my dd's HLA testing. I've been to the link and read the explanation an dthink she's ok and not susceptible but would someone in the know be good enough to confirm it for me.. just too dumb I'm afraid...

DRB1 03:JRFR

DRB1 08:01

DQB1 02:SS

DQB1 04:BD

DRB3 01:XX

DRB3 -

DRB4 -

DRB4 -

DRB5 -

DRB5-

Thanks for any info :)

I was hoping someone else would reply, but I'll give it a try.

Gene 1: DRB1: 03, DQB1: 02, DRB3: 01, DRB4 (nothing) , DRB 5 (nothing) -- this combination is not on the chart at all, so I would guess it is insignificant???

Gene 2: DRB1: 08, DQB1: 04, DRB3: (nothing), DRB 4 (nothing), DRB5 (nothing) -- this points to "no recognized significance" on the chart

Not sure if this is right. Hope someone else chimes in.