ACN Latitudes Forums

Sam-e

I haven't post in awhile but I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on Sam-e product for OCD. My daughter has a rare chomosome disorder that is linked with autism called Interstial 15 chromosome duplication. She also has tourettes, ADHD and OCD. She does not respond to traditional mediciene. I had been successful with 5 htp for sleep but had to discontinue this cause it caused her to have seizures. I was searching for something to help with OCD behaviors (her sleep is an issue do due excessive obsessional behavior.) I thought Sam-3 might help but not sure about dosage. Her tics seem to respond well to flax oil (fish oil makes them worse) inositol doesn't seem to make any difference for her. She is 14 and weights about 140 lbs. Anyone had success with sam-e for obsessions? Thanks, Fiveplus :P

Hi there, my son also has tourettes and OCD. He takes 5HTP, SAM-e, Taurine. He takes 200mg twice a day of the SAM-e but this was done under a doctor's care. He weights almost 60lbs and is 8 years old. He had a neurotransmitter test done through NeuroScience which indicated he had low dopamine, serotonin, nor-epinephrine and high epinephrine, histamine and GABA. He was doing amazingly well and we saw no OCD since June of last year - but he recently got a horrible cold and it effected his OCD. I'm already seeing it calming down some but we have a ways to go. I've actually got a call into his doc to see about inositol. What was super nice about his long period of no OCD was that his tics were also next to nothing because his OCD manifests mostly as getting his tics "just right". During this cold period I had another neurotransmitter test done to see what was up. Will let you know what it says.

Giselle