ACN Latitudes Forums

ERMI Test

SSS

We have Airwise purifiers. Our LLMD has them in his office. You change the bulb once a year but there is no filter. They're pricey but quiet :)

What brand purifiers are y'all purchasing? Years back (when I had some funds) I purchased an IQ Compact for my dd's constant sinus infections. I haven't used it in a while - need to pull it out and clean/change filters.

After researching it, and considering price,

we went with 2 Winix 5500

covers 350 sq. feet, pre carbon filter, washable true hepa filter captures 99.97%

no harmful ozone, quiet.

I did not want an ionic.

I spoke with the dr at MycoMetrics and he was pretty helpful although somewhat hard to understand. He went into the report in detail and explained that some of the molds that came up are slow growing molds (stachybotrys) and therefore suggest chronic water exposure or humidity. He recommended re-testing in 6 months which would give us an idea if our recent remediation was helpful. He also asked if we had a pet because some of the fungi can be brought in on their paws since they don't wear shoes that can be removed. I think we have a pretty good idea of the source so I can't say that we are going to keep re-testing at this point.

If I'm reading the report correctly, our family room came back as a 7.81 and our upstairs hallway (outside of bathroom) is a 4. Our family room is an addition built on piers and is located indirectly above the basement which we remediated recently due to air testing. Not sure what to do next :(

On my report, it lists all the types of molds, then says:

ERMI score.

My graph shown goes from -10 to 20

but anything after 5 is colored red- meaning what, danger zone?

So how'd you do?

If I'm reading the report correctly, our family room came back as a 7.81 and our upstairs hallway (outside of bathroom) is a 4. Our family room is an addition built on piers and is located indirectly above the basement which we remediated recently due to air testing. Not sure what to do next :(

I wonder if cleaning your family room (vacuuming/washing/vacuum with mask & Hepa filter in vacuum) would make that room lower. Want to plastic it off and have a fan going out the window if you do. We cleaned our whole house (whew!) because of possible cross-contamination per the chemist at Mycometrics. Left large furniture in the room and covered it with a sheet during first cleaning and then removed sheet and vacuumed & washed. Just an idea. :)

We actually did vacuum with a HEPA filter but have not tried the fan approach. A piece of our puzzle is that the family room is an addition that was built on wood piers instead of a foundation. We think the problem lies with the wood underneath. The only way to fix it is to knock the room down and build on a foundation. Urgh.

I wonder if cleaning your family room (vacuuming/washing/vacuum with mask & Hepa filter in vacuum) would make that room lower. Want to plastic it off and have a fan going out the window if you do. We cleaned our whole house (whew!) because of possible cross-contamination per the chemist at Mycometrics. Left large furniture in the room and covered it with a sheet during first cleaning and then removed sheet and vacuumed & washed. Just an idea. :)