ACN Latitudes Forums

Hello, new member

...Instead of all the bottling it up business. I've never really understood my problems and thought i was like any other person with any problems, but today i only realised the symptoms for more than the Anxiety i had, it's now OCD.

For years i have been this way, finding things to worry about and constant paranoia. I am on anti-depressants in which do not help me mentally, my body is now reliant on them and if i miss a dose at night i won't sleep. I think walking down the street to walk on the lighter flags on the pavement the with my feet the same amount of times with both feet, or counting with my hands always has to come to my age. Just tiny examples.

I don't feel my doctor has properly seen my disorder, and if i was to tell him i believe to have OCD he'd think i'm abit of a hypercondriac. After all, he tells me what's wrong but i don't feel he's getting anywere. I had councelling 2 years ago which i volunteered for, i felt uncomfortable without any discussion when things got quiet, and so i stopped it.

today i was talking to a bloke i regularly chat too whilst swimming. He let me in on he's problems and we have so much in common on which we suffer i couldn't believe it. He also has OCD. I always felt i was the only one and nobody could understand, but he is only the same. It made me happy that i can actually relate to him now on OCD.

anyway i'll leave it at that, great forum it's so interesting.

Regards,

Andy