ACN Latitudes Forums

Anybody is trying Bonnie's supplement ? and feeling too expensive

Hi Simon,

When I started off on vitamins I actually started off with Bonnie's old individual plan before she had the ts plus control, etc. A while after the ts plus control, etc. came out I tried them, but found they made my tics worse so I stayed with individual supplements. My suggestion would to try individual supplements. You can still find her old program at this website: http://www.tourette-syndrome.com/holistic.htm#bonnie

That might be a starting point. I use mostly NowFoods brand of vitamins except for special ones that I can't get in that brand. There's many other brands that are okay too. Hope this helps.

Carolyn

Simon,

Every time I read something about a supplement and what form should be used, I grab my bottle of TS Plus, and sure enough, that's the type she used. I only say this because, I think if you were to buy the better forms of supplements, you probably wouldn't save a whole lot.

I don't think that my kids require everything that's in the vitamins, but they have worked well for us. I don't think they would do as well on the full dose for their weight though. It would be too much for them. If folic acid and omega 3 fish oil are not good for high histime people, 3 fish oil and 20 of TS Plus would probably push my oldest son right over the edge. However, at the lower dose, I do think they are helping a lot.

If there is a multi vit that's comparable sold in health food stores, I haven't heard of it. There are many online sites, where you may be able to come close though.

The cost of the vitamins is something to consider when you think of the cost of the testing and a good Dr. too. If you knew exactly what the deficiencies were, you might save a lot on the supplements, and not be guessing what's needed and what isn't.

Maybe someone else has a good recommendation for you. I know Claire had mentioned one that she liked at one time, maybe Kirkmans?????

Kim

Hi,

I live in Poland, where getting all the right supplements is difficult for me (well, in fact, more expensive than difficult as I can order them via Internet).

I have ordered Bonnie's supps and I should have them maybe even this week.

Kim, how did you determine what quantity of TS Plus was right? Just keeping close eye on your kids?

And a question for Carolyn: I would appreciate if you share with me what exactly NowFood products you use and which you can't obtain with them. NowFood products are available in Poland (and they are even not so expensive), but I'm sure not all of them. But I can imagine if someone imports them here I could try to ask for ordering some specific things for me, too.

My son, Staś, takes now 2 Special Two (NowFood) tablets as they were the only I could find with right proportion and content of B vitamins. Well, according to Bonnie's formula he should take 4 of them but as they contain many other things I am afraid to give him more. And they are free of yeast, sugar, and all the bad stuff. I like them because they are so full of antioxidants. Of course I have to give Staś aditional magnesium, calcium (not enough in Special 2), EPA/DHA and some anti-yeast supps.

I know one may be reluctant to give specific advise on supps for obvious reasons, but, please, I am so short of information here (I have not succeeded in finding a doctor who would guide me through this natural approach, yet) and you could treat it simply not as an advise but as sharing your own experience.

Irena

if you are doing well on Bonnie's BONTECH products then honestly, it is unlikely that you would be able to put together you own combinations with the same purity etc for much less! Bonnie has very carefully researched her combinations and they are made with the very finest ingredients.

In our case, we started supplementing before Bonnie began her own line, but we DID use that link to Bonnie's original plan that Carolyn posted as the guideline.

Also, once my son had been thru his testing, it became clear that he had very specific supplement needs and so it was both cost and need effective for me to put together his own regimin, under the guidance of our Integrative physicians.

Even after Bonnie's supps came on the market, we didnt switch as again, my son's specific needs were a bit different from what was in the Bontech products, and also, he would have needed to take a LOT of TS plus for his age and weight.

I find that The Vitamin Shoppe is a really excellent and cost effective source for all our family supps. Not only do they stock (or can order) just about any brand you need...but their own brand is really pure and usually 50% less than others. We have one of their stores close by, but one can also order from them online at http://www.vitaminshoppe.com

Irena, they also stock the NOW brand, which I am very fond of!

In the beginning we also used many supps from METAGENICS ... really good supps but a bit costly!

Irena,

The NowFoods products I use are the Full Spectrum Minerals, B-50, Vitamin E, Zinc Picolinate, Vitamin C, and B-5. The two I use which aren't NowFoods are probiotics and flaxseed oil.

Carolyn

simonzl,

I use a compounding pharmacy. I think the biggest advantage of Bonnie's vitamins is that they are compounded, so there is less filler than buying all the vitamins separately. We needed a doctor's note initially with the list. I just gave the list to our doctor (from his recommendations from past visits) and he faxed it to the pharmacy.

For us, compounding the vitamins had 3 advantages:

1. Fewer pills. No filler, thus it came to only 6 pills/day rather than 16. We didn't include the cal/mag in the compound, because they have good combos without fillers anyway, and they are quite bulky. Nor the EFA and probiotic.

2. We customized the vitamin plan to his specific needs.

3. Surprisingly, it was cheaper than buying them separately. If I find out the price/day, I will post it.

I use Village Green pharmacy and they mail it to us--we get a 4 month supply for convenience. Nicely, if you send them your list, they will tell you if they have it plus tell you the price. Maybe you can give them Bonnie's list and compare! Their # is 800-869-9160) , 0

Claire

Thank you for everybody's advise . I think I may want to stay with it .

Another question , I'm not sure how I can find if the volumn I take everyday

has the best effect . I'm having 20 pills per day . 10 in the morning and 10 before sleeping . If I feel the effect is not very good , should I take less per day or more ? sometims , it's very hard to find out how many will have the best effect .

Bonnie has worked out the dose for weight/age real carefully so you should be following her guidelines on that.

It may be that you need extra doses of certain supps and that is where testing and working with a good doctor can help to formulate your specific needs

Bonnie has worked out the dose for weight/age real carefully so you should be following her guidelines on that.

It may be that you need extra doses of certain supps and that is where testing and working with a good doctor can help to formulate your specific needs

What if you dont have the money to work with a good doctor, or get proper testing. What can a person do for tics? Bonnies program is a bit expensive, what supplements can be substituted if you dont have the money to ask a doctor? ANY help is appreciated