ACN Latitudes Forums

Obsessions and Compulsions?

tell me if i have this right???

when my girl keeps saying the same sentence all day long, counting the tiles on the walls all day and checking locks all day long, that would be called the compulsions, right??? and....

when she is stuck watching the same show over and over or stuck on a rock star that she likes ALL day and night long etclll. that would be the obsessions???

she was on the bactrim and mino. she was sleeping better, and was showering a bit, but still "stuck" staring at her computer. she walks around the house with it. Brings it to the bathroom with her. She does not go to bathroom even, cause she is so stuck. Sometimes she tells me that there are too many thought in her head. I am just not sure what it is. Perhaps its calming to stare at one thing and think of one thing, when her brain is so confused.She was also been on this combination. Doctor took bactrim away and she is not mean now. She is still stuck in front of computer, and we can't get her out of house. We are adding in cipro next...

has anyone seen the "stuck" thing with their child. She literally watches the same show 26 times a day. The only thing that I have seen pull her out of this, is luvox, but it made her way too uninhibited, so doctor took her off. can anyone tell me if they have experienced this??? any advice or comments are soooooo welcome.

tell me if i have this right???

when my girl keeps saying the same sentence all day long, counting the tiles on the walls all day and checking locks all day long, that would be called the compulsions, right??? and....

when she is stuck watching the same show over and over or stuck on a rock star that she likes ALL day and night long etclll. that would be the obsessions???

she was on the bactrim and mino. she was sleeping better, and was showering a bit, but still "stuck" staring at her computer. she walks around the house with it. Brings it to the bathroom with her. She does not go to bathroom even, cause she is so stuck. Sometimes she tells me that there are too many thought in her head. I am just not sure what it is. Perhaps its calming to stare at one thing and think of one thing, when her brain is so confused.She was also been on this combination. Doctor took bactrim away and she is not mean now. She is still stuck in front of computer, and we can't get her out of house. We are adding in cipro next...

has anyone seen the "stuck" thing with their child. She literally watches the same show 26 times a day. The only thing that I have seen pull her out of this, is luvox, but it made her way too uninhibited, so doctor took her off. can anyone tell me if they have experienced this??? any advice or comments are soooooo welcome.

SSRI's, which I think Luvox is had dastardly effects of disinhibition!!! We tried Lexapro & Zoloft. I noticed they (researchers) emphasized the mantra of "Go low and Slow" with these kids at recent conference. I wonder if that would have made a difference with our son. So many drugs have had paradoxical effects, that I doubt it.

Dawn

For some reason, OCD has been one of the hardest things for me to understand. Both my girls have OCD of some sort. My dd10 gets stuck in her mood it seems and I think it may be compulsions. She can't get out of it once it's triggered. Her OCD can be triggered by a number of things and I think it's "just right" ocd where she then tries to make things feel right again and can't. We aren't dealing with it on the level that you are however. It's morning and night episodes and not all day long. When I can't get her out and things are bad, I give her lorzepam. That calms her brain enough but it makes her very tired so I only use it for night episode and only when it's really bad.