ACN Latitudes Forums

Quick help please!

I have a script for several Shoemaker tests for my son. I can't find the test number for the TGF-B1 test at Labcorp or Quest (would prefer LabCorp). The "surviving mold" website has the wrong test numbers posted for both LabCorp and Quest. Can someone help? I would like to have the blood drawn tonight, if possible. Thank you.

Son's doctor sent us to LabCorp. asking for 'Human Trans. Growth Fact. beta 1' test on her script. It looks like Labcorp sent it to Cambridge Biomedical Inc. This is all the info. that I have. You could call LabCorp. and ask them for a number. Good luck!

Edited by JuliaFaith

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update this thread with more information. The Labcorp TGF-B1 test number is 905036 as given on the Shoemaker "surviving mold" website. I thought it was incorrect because it doesn't show up on the LabCorp website as a valid test number. My local hospital told me tests that are sent out from LabCorp to other labs do no show up on LabCorp's public website. So the test number was actually valid, I just didn't know it. The hospital was able to look the test up on their computer.

For me, it was profitable to go through LabCorp for this test because my local Quest does not do this test. So they would have had to send my son's blood from the local PA Quest to the Baltimore Quest. The Balitmore Quest would then have sent the blood out to the Cambridge lab. So it would have required more unnecessary movement of my son's blood plus would have raised billing issues. Both LabCorp and Quest send the blood to the Cambridge lab.