ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone see the latest IOCDF fundraising letter?

PowPow

at least the plea in the first paragraph is! The letter was written by Dr Jenike.

In case you normally trash your "junk" mail I thought I would point it out.

I will say that I never trash IOCDF mail-- & if you are not a member- I would recommend you join. The support I have received from their website, the conference and the things my older children have read have been most helpful.

IOCDF link

At the bottom of the IOCDF donate page -- it states how you can specify what kind of research you want to support. It lists PANS/PANDAS.

The letter I am referring to came in my mailbox-- the one at the end of my driveway :)

HE writes: "Recently, I have become more interested in the increasing evidence that infectious causes of OCD are very important, and we see young children who develop OCD suddenly after an infection (now referred to as Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome or PANS). The children are routinely misdiagnosed and mistreated when correct treatment could prevent a lifetime of unnecessary suffering. Hundred of children with OCD are stuck in their illness and missing their lives despite the efforts of very dedicated parents. We need to know more about this and research is the key."

AMEN TO THAT!! I am looking for my checkbook now...

IOCDF link

At the bottom of the IOCDF donate page -- it states how you can specify what kind of research you want to support. It lists PANS/PANDAS.

The letter I am referring to came in my mailbox-- the one at the end of my driveway :)

HE writes: "Recently, I have become more interested in the increasing evidence that infectious causes of OCD are very important, and we see young children who develop OCD suddenly after an infection (now referred to as Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome or PANS). The children are routinely misdiagnosed and mistreated when correct treatment could prevent a lifetime of unnecessary suffering. Hundred of children with OCD are stuck in their illness and missing their lives despite the efforts of very dedicated parents. We need to know more about this and research is the key."

AMEN TO THAT!! I am looking for my checkbook now...

Powpow - THANK YOU!

I know Dr. Jenike and YES he is a great person.