ACN Latitudes Forums

hello

hello i have a sister who has autism we found out about 4 months ago i take care of her and i am trying to get as much info on autism as possible and i was reading about glutathione pleolyposome and wanted to know if it works or if anyone has tried it?.

hello i have a sister who has autism we found out about 4 months ago i take care of her and i am trying to get as much info on autism as possible and i was reading about glutathione pleolyposome and wanted to know if it works or if anyone has tried it?.

I think you might be referring to glutathione proliposome. I am not familiar with that variation, but I am with plain glutathione. I have had a general deficiency and reducing and minimizing it has had a beneficial effect. I say this with the caveat that glutathione is an important part in a chain of enzymes and proteins that help your immune system, and weaknesses in the chain at various points can neutralize what otherwise is a big improvement in a particular kind of helpful substance, like glutathione. I think it's too complicated to assess this in a forum like this, but if you're willing to spend some time researching it and working with your doctor or a naturopathic counselor, you might make some real progress in feeling better. Glutathione mostly affects the balance in your gastrointesting "brain" but its wellness [or not] can drive the wellness [or not] in your main brain. I've put some papers in this forum about this topic and will try to find them and maybe bump them up.

I think you should also look at Sheila Roger's new book (see ACN header threads), because there are many aids for improving your overall system.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have an autistic step son who is 6 and I have just started him on this.A friend recommended it after giving it to her son.She claimed that it made him much calmer,focused and enabled him to make eye contact.Its only been a few days and we started on a low dosage, as yet I am yet to notice any change.The only other supplement we give him is chewable acidophilus.He responded really well to these.I have only looked after my step son for 18months but the improvement he has made in this time has been incredible.He was originally diagnosed as severly autistic - no speech, would not make eye contact ,only ate crisps and popcorn,still in nappies etc.Now he has started to talk, is toilet trained, will eat anything I put in front of him and has his temper tantrums well under control.If you wanted to swap ideas etc would be happy to help

• 2 years later...

Hi Becky;

Just checking in to see if you sister has had any luck with alternative treatments to her autism. A great general overview of glutathione was presented on a recent Dr. Oz episode : http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/superhero-antioxidants-pt-1 . Let me know if you are interested in more literature as this is a subject that I have been studying for the past 3 years.