ACN Latitudes Forums

IGENEX RESULTS

Hi Can anyone help with a better understanding of my results? Both IGM and IGG according to Igenex and CDC are negative, however, I have a lot of INDERTERMINATES plus 2 out of 3 children tested positive. One on Igenex and one regular lyme western from labcorp.

IGM

30 kDa +

**31 kDa IND

**39 kDa IND

**41 kDa IND

58 kDa ++

**83-93 kDA IND

IGG

**39 IND

**41 ++

Thanks,

Tami

I had to look up the band definitions. You have some IND very specific for lyme. With your children's positive test results, my guess is that you are not producing enough antibodies right now to push it positive. Will you be going to see the lyme doc for yourself?

Band Definition

30 kDa OspA (outer surface protein) substrate binding protein

31 kDa OspA

39 kDa BmpA. Specific for Bb

41 kDa

58 kDa

83 kDa p83 high molecular mass protein. Specific for Bb

93 kDa an immunodominant protoplasmic cylinder antigen, associated with the flagellum. Specific for Bb

Edited by Suzan

Hi Can anyone help with a better understanding of my results? Both IGM and IGG according to Igenex and CDC are negative, however, I have a lot of INDERTERMINATES plus 2 out of 3 children tested positive. One on Igenex and one regular lyme western from labcorp.

IGM

30 kDa +

**31 kDa IND

**39 kDa IND

**41 kDa IND

58 kDa ++

**83-93 kDA IND

IGG

**39 IND

**41 ++

I have always called Nick Harris at Igenex to go over my test results. He has always been very helpful. Andrea

Thanks,

Tami

Hi Santi,

I have left a message for him to call me back but he has not returned my call.

That was 2 days ago.

IGM

30 kDa +

**31 kDa IND

**39 kDa IND

**41 kDa IND

58 kDa ++

**83-93 kDA IND

IGG

**39 IND

**41 ++

I have always called Nick Harris at Igenex to go over my test results. He has always been very helpful. Andrea

Thanks,

Tami

I had to look up the band definitions. You have some IND very specific for lyme. With your children's positive test results, my guess is that you are not producing enough antibodies right now to push it positive. Will you be going to see the lyme doc for yourself?

Band Definition

Suzan,

Thank you for the explanation of the bands. I am dealing with 3 sick children so I don't know. But, I guess I should see one. Any recommendations in Northern NJ area?

30 kDa OspA (outer surface protein) substrate binding protein

31 kDa OspA

39 kDa BmpA. Specific for Bb

41 kDa

58 kDa

83 kDa p83 high molecular mass protein. Specific for Bb

93 kDa an immunodominant protoplasmic cylinder antigen, associated with the flagellum. Specific for Bb

The Europeans consider Band 58 to be quite significant, and you have a double positive on that.

I have posted links to the European studies recently. I thought they were very informative.

'

I would ditto what Suzan said. That sure is a lot of significant bands where there is something there.

Ditto on the thanks :)

The Europeans consider Band 58 to be quite significant, and you have a double positive on that.

I have posted links to the European studies recently. I thought they were very informative.

Ifran do u have a link to your post?

'

I would ditto what Suzan said. That sure is a lot of significant bands where there is something there.

Here you go. I was interested in them because DS10 was mainly 58+ (plus we captured the antigen in his urine). Also positive for bartonella.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC86736/

'

I just wanted to add, they talk alot about sensitivity and specificity. My understanding is, the higher the specificity, the less likely of a false positive, which is my concern at this time.

Here you go. I was interested in them because DS10 was mainly 58+ (plus we captured the antigen in his urine). Also positive for bartonella.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC86736/

'