ACN Latitudes Forums

Off antibiotic and improves?

adkmom

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on the forum in awhile. But this is our 1 year mark since DS5 was diagnosed with Pandas (Lyme dx in Feb.) In desperation to control

ADHD symptoms (that weren't improving on meds), I took him off all 3 antibiotics for 10 days and his symptoms disappeared. Less agitation, irritability, happier,

but his tics remained. Anyone else see improvement in symptoms when OFF antibiotics? It doesn't make any sense.

For those struggling with ADHD symptoms....I've found his med helps minimize the symptoms and control them BUT during certain periods of the month, the med is less effective. The docs says, the med will help but if Lyme or PANDAS is active, those symptoms will still emerge.

Even after a year, this is so confusing!

Darlene

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on the forum in awhile. But this is our 1 year mark since DS5 was diagnosed with Pandas (Lyme dx in Feb.) In desperation to control

ADHD symptoms (that weren't improving on meds), I took him off all 3 antibiotics for 10 days and his symptoms disappeared. Less agitation, irritability, happier,

but his tics remained. Anyone else see improvement in symptoms when OFF antibiotics? It doesn't make any sense.

For those struggling with ADHD symptoms....I've found his med helps minimize the symptoms and control them BUT during certain periods of the month, the med is less effective. The docs says, the med will help but if Lyme or PANDAS is active, those symptoms will still emerge.

Darlene

Hi everyone,

Darlene

Hi Darlene,

Symptom relief when antibiotics are removed typically indicate that the antibiotics are causing herxing...underscores that his symptoms are lyme and co-infection related. For us, when no improvement occurred as we removed antibiotics, we knew there was a lot more going on. Hence, new herbal treatment for viruses, funguses, etc. in addition to lyme, babesia, bartonella. Of course, there could be other causes, but I would investigate further.