ACN Latitudes Forums

MIA again-update on us

I've been MIA again for the last several months. This has all been way too much for me to handle and I shut down and sunk into depression.

Back in February, PANDAS dd had the Gtube placed and went no foods. Three weeks later I found out that I had precancerous cells in both of my breasts. Then during the next two months, we found out that myself, dd & ds all had Lyme & Co. We spent the summer getting everyone started on Lyme tx.

On September 14th, I had a bilaterial mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. I have had a total of 5 surgeries since 9/14, three of them emergency surgeries. Two weeks ago I developed an infection that came back as Coag Negative Staph in my right breast. A few days ago, I had my 5th surgery to completely remove both implants. I'm really struggling and I am really concerned about this staph infection and the Lyme. LLMD tried to get a PICC line put in during my last surgery but because he is not licensed in my State-the hospital & my local Docs would not do it.

I have spent the last two months with fresh stitches, drains, sleeping in the recliner and nonstop Percocet (and constipation). I want my life back. My son is no better or worse since starting his tx. It is that time of year where Shae appears to have picked up something but hasn't completely spiraled out of control yet.

This is a wonderful group of people and I just really need some words of encouragement.

My Stars & Garter belts!!!! What the heck!! I wish I could run over & give you a hug---that from a not-so-huggy person!!!!

If you are encouraged by a Bible verse check out Isaiah 43:2-3. I have meditated on this OFTEN throughout Evan's & our family's journey. I can certainly pray the same for you!!

Stay strong!! Dawn

I was just thinking about you this morning. I am so sorry to hear of all the challenges you've been given. Can you travel to your LLMD for the PICC line? I can't imagine how drained you must be. Some supreme power must have a really high opinion of how much you can handle at one time!

While you've been away, the forum has been sharing some links on some new ideas. We've been looking into methylation - a basic biochemical process that effects a large component of how well the brain, gut, immune and detox systems work. I'll put together some links for you later this weekend for when you're up to it. Every time I read more, I think of Shae.

But for the moment, know that we're all here for you. There's not much I can say from hundreds of miles away to make you feel better. Only a reminder that you don't have to shoulder the burden alone. You're in my prayers!

I've been MIA again for the last several months. This has all been way too much for me to handle and I shut down and sunk into depression.

Back in February, PANDAS dd had the Gtube placed and went no foods. Three weeks later I found out that I had precancerous cells in both of my breasts. Then during the next two months, we found out that myself, dd & ds all had Lyme & Co. We spent the summer getting everyone started on Lyme tx.

On September 14th, I had a bilaterial mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. I have had a total of 5 surgeries since 9/14, three of them emergency surgeries. Two weeks ago I developed an infection that came back as Coag Negative Staph in my right breast. A few days ago, I had my 5th surgery to completely remove both implants. I'm really struggling and I am really concerned about this staph infection and the Lyme. LLMD tried to get a PICC line put in during my last surgery but because he is not licensed in my State-the hospital & my local Docs would not do it.

I have spent the last two months with fresh stitches, drains, sleeping in the recliner and nonstop Percocet (and constipation). I want my life back. My son is no better or worse since starting his tx. It is that time of year where Shae appears to have picked up something but hasn't completely spiraled out of control yet.

This is a wonderful group of people and I just really need some words of encouragement.

I am so, so sorry. Know that you are in my prayers.

Just heard a quote in a seminar today that may or may not help. "Crisis is an opportunity for us to act in new and innovative ways." Best wishes on your new and innovative ways and getting through this time in your life. Focus on the future and how much you will appreciate it after what you are accomplishing right now. Sending best wishes your way. :)

Thanks everyone. I wish I could say I woke up this morning feeling great and that the cloud had lifted but instead I feel like it is another day of not feeling whole.

thanks for the verse Dawn. I think I will find myself referring to it often.

"Crisis is an opportunity for us to act in new and innovative ways" I will meditate on this well and try to be innovative....

Wow, you are sure on a roller coaster ride this year. I can only send you prayers from the Show Me State (Missouri), but know that others are thinking of you. We are all on this crazy ride together.

My father was a Marine and I read this quote that is attributed to the Marine Corps. "Pain is weakness leaving the body." You will strong as steel.

Hugs to you.