ACN Latitudes Forums

Unbelieveable Hyperactivity!

Santi

I know I sent this message before, but I was hoping to get some more feedback. I have never seen my son so hyperactive like he has been for the past 3-4 weeks. HE is currently on Azith. and Rifampin. His anxiety is down, Yah!!!! He is happier, more affectionate, much less agitated, angry and we've had no rages in a long time. HOWEVER, his hyperactivity is through the roof. I've never seen him this way before. Maybe when he was on CELEXA 3 years ago. Manic, not sure, but I have thought of it. He is driving his teachers nuts, he's been in the office twice and he's twirling like a tornado all day long. What is this? Is this part of the healing process? Anyone deal with this? Andrea

Has he had any dyes or additives lately? I find during the Halloween season DD has more difficulty resisting candy at school. It's everywhere! Usually takes about a week to get out of her system -- really makes her more hyper, anxious, impulsive, moody, and OCDish. I always push more detox and ibuprofen during this time.

I know I sent this message before, but I was hoping to get some more feedback. I have never seen my son so hyperactive like he has been for the past 3-4 weeks. HE is currently on Azith. and Rifampin. His anxiety is down, Yah!!!! He is happier, more affectionate, much less agitated, angry and we've had no rages in a long time. HOWEVER, his hyperactivity is through the roof. I've never seen him this way before. Maybe when he was on CELEXA 3 years ago. Manic, not sure, but I have thought of it. He is driving his teachers nuts, he's been in the office twice and he's twirling like a tornado all day long. What is this? Is this part of the healing process? Anyone deal with this? Andrea

I know you said she's not sick right now, but she can get a lot of movement disorder when sick with lyme/strep/staph, etc., etc. I have heard it described as ADHD-like (also there's chorea, tics, etc, but it sounds like more the adhd-type that you're describing.

And/or is the medication causing the excess need to move? Have you checked the side-effects of the medications? Alternatively, is he also taking any supplements that could be causing this? Finally, could he be herxing? Just some thoughts.