ACN Latitudes Forums

Bactrim and raging. Trying to give at night.

We always gave bactrim with meals. Does your DD have or could she have Babesia? My son was horrible on Bactrim, he felt so depressed, tired, and had horrible shin pain. Also, we have been giving Curcumin, which is an anti-inflammatory based on Tumeric. Resveratrol also seemed to help with inflammation issues. I started taking the resveratrol and have seen much improvement in a sore knee that has troubled me since I twisted cartilage in my knee at age 2. (I am now 42)

If you are into herbals/supplements, I would recommend reading more about Stephen Buhner, the herbalist. I am not very interested in herbs, but it is amazing how those two supplements are helping DS.

Also, have you done any mold investigating. I am not even talking about hiring someone, I am talking about visually inspecting for mold. Cholestyramine, which helps with mold detox, has helped my son immensely.

We are here for you and try not to get discouraged.

Wilma, it's certainly worth a try! My DS also raged on bactrim and we had to stop. We tried it at night, but that didn't work for him, although maybe it will for your DD? IDK. Anyway, our doc says he's been sick so long, and we just have to take it more slowly. He's going to take a LONG time to heal. We're restarting the bactrim today. Wish us luck!!! Starting tonight I'm just going to give 1 bactrim every other day and see how he handles that low dose (the dose should be 2x a day). If that's all he can tolerate, then we'll wait it out at that dose for as long as it takes. I'm in such a hurry to make him better, but our LLMD keeps telling me to slow down and listen to his body. She says to work up AS TOLERATED. He can't handle a quick recovery, and we have to listen to his symptoms as we go. I don't know if that helps at all. My other thought is that bactrim isn't the only med out there. If our slow approach to it doesn't work this time I'm going to ask my LLMD what plan B is. Let us know how it goes for your DD. Thinking of you!