ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. Jones - Cogenital Lyme/Bartonella

i believe i read that dr. jones said babies that have congenital lyme are limp at birth etc. my child was not limp but was super agitated on day one. my child was diagnosed with bartonella. she never had earaches and is never sick. she looks so normal, except she always had dilated pupil, pale face, red bags under eyes. very distorted thinking, confusion, hallucinates. i tested positive for lyme. i have some of the same symptoms but she is 100 times worse. non functioning. sometimes i wonder if this is all bartonella.

Are you asking if your child might have lyme also? if so, it is very possible that your daughter has Lyme in addition to Bartonella. Is the doctor that is treating your daughter for Bartonella treating her for Lyme also? or just the Bartonella? Have you talked to the LLMD about what is happening on Bactrim? Do they know you tested postive for Lyme? I think you really need to talk with your LLMD about what is going on - it seems as if something needs to be changed but it should be guided by by someone who has the experience of treating Lyme/Bartonella.

We beleive Aidan Has congenital lyme and I don't think he was limp as a baby. However he was always very wiggly and had a hard time with nursing and other things since he was so squirmy. He had reflux pretty badlly also. I think it can just presents differently in different people.

Elizabeth

i believe i read that dr. jones said babies that have congenital lyme are limp at birth etc. my child was not limp but was super agitated on day one. my child was diagnosed with bartonella. she never had earaches and is never sick. she looks so normal, except she always had dilated pupil, pale face, red bags under eyes. very distorted thinking, confusion, hallucinates. i tested positive for lyme. i have some of the same symptoms but she is 100 times worse. non functioning. sometimes i wonder if this is all bartonella.

Wilma, every time I read your posts I think our kids have much in common. My child was not limp either - super agitated from day one. If anything he was stiff as a board. He resisted cuddling, swaddling, hated clothes, right from DAY ONE! He nursed well, and doesn't fit the congenital lyme profile. He was sitting before 5 months, walking at 8.5 months, and did everything early (with lots of screaming and anger). But something was wrong from day one. My mother kept telling me so, but he was my first child and I had no idea she was right until our second was born and I got to experience "normal". DS has always been angry and frustrated. He was an extremely difficult baby!! Thank goodness I didn't know any better. Our 3rd child is similar and when he was only 2 days old I had a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach - here we go again.

I am CDC positive for lyme, and looking back I'm sure I got it when I was 12. Of course I didn't know it then, but I had a flare up of symptoms when I was pregnant with DS8. So is this congenital lyme? If so, they don't fit Dr. J's profile. We also suspect bartonella, so maybe that's been at the forefront the whole time? What does congenital bart look like?

she was seeing dr. jones but he sent us to dr. jones. no we have not done the ivig. we have another appointment on the 17th. praying for something to change. i will post more when i have time. thanks for feed back.

Hello dear dear Wilma. You have been in my thoughts quite a lot lately. I only hope that what you daughter is going thru right now is because of healing.

In terms of detox, I had forgotten, but my ds uses Detox Deodorant from Herbalix Restoratives. He started out just using it on the bottom of his feet and slowly added his underarms and neck. This along with lemon water and epsom baths are just some of the detox things we have tried (along with chlorella/ibuprophen).

Best wishes on your next appt. and healing.

Is lemon water detoxing? My DS craves lemon. He will suck on lemon slices, and even drink lemon juice straight. I worry about the acid and his poor tummy. Is his body trying to tell us something? Well I'm off to google lemon and detox...

Is lemon water detoxing? My DS craves lemon. He will suck on lemon slices, and even drink lemon juice straight. I worry about the acid and his poor tummy. Is his body trying to tell us something? Well I'm off to google lemon and detox...

Yes - water with some lemon juice added. Apparently, lime does not work per someone else on this forum.

Curious about the deodorant too. What made you try it? Did someone suggest it? I like it because it is not another thing that you need to put in your body. Any one else use it?

We tried it because my son's ND recommended it and is easy to use. She usually covers every possible scenarios with her prescrip./supplements. Just a habit now every night and my son even likes the scent.

Lemon, is Alkalizing to a body's Ph. Even though it contains acid. . And since I know you won't believe me (since I didn't when someone told me that years ago) I just quickly googled a link and found the chart on the bottom of this page - and Maple Syrup is also very Alkaline (or alkalizing to your body chemistry) Never would have guessed that one either. I'm going to be a lot more free with with syrup!

http://www.naturalhealthschool.com/pH-balance.html

Wilma, I posted "Treating Lyme and Bartonella" just now with you in mind. We seem to be dealing with similar issues. However, I think we are having better success. I wanted to share a little of our experience in case it can be useful as a resource. You are in my prayers.

Lemon, is Alkalizing to a body's Ph. Even though it contains acid. . And since I know you won't believe me (since I didn't when someone told me that years ago) I just quickly googled a link and found the chart on the bottom of this page - and Maple Syrup is also very Alkaline (or alkalizing to your body chemistry) Never would have guessed that one either. I'm going to be a lot more free with with syrup!

http://www.naturalhealthschool.com/pH-balance.html

lol - I actually do believe you. I watched a video clip on food and the alkaline diet not long ago. I was surprised to see a lot of acidic foods are actually alkalizing to the body's pH. I wish I could find that video it was really good. So maybe craving lemon has do to with his body pH rather than detox?