ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS Parents Meeting

Yesterday afternoon was the first PANDAS Parents Meeting in Indianapolis. I am happy to say that it was a success!

Thank you to all those that attended and presented. Including the presenters, our "in part" sponsor, Organic 3's Dan Corrigan drove down from Michigan and spoke!

We had a cross section of most of the country with parents from Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, New Jersey, Michigan, and California! This proves no matter how far apart we are, we all have the same focus...getting our children better and keeping them healthy!

The empowerment in the room cannot be explained. The parents that attended were determined to connect and share information.

The organizers of the PANDAS Parents Meeting will work on summarizing the day's events and share it with everyone soon. We want to make sure those that were not able to attend, have the opportunity to learn from what was shared as well.

Summaries will be posted on various outlets, including here.

You can also visit the blog that has been devoted to the event.

http://pandasparentsmeeting.blogspot.com/

Again, thank you to evereyone that came!

ps. Our welcome video from the meeting is already up, if anyone is interested...

Thank you so much, Vickie, Tammy and Sarah! What a terrific afternoon/evening. I was so pleased to be able to put some faces to some names and hear everyone's stories, thoughts, etc. And just to feel the warmth and comradie in person was so very gratifying! It's a day I'll remember fondly for a very long time.

Thanks!! :wub:

So happy to hear that the meeting was well attended and such a success. Wish we could have been there... but, honestly, we were there in spirit.

Vickie, I'm assuming you created the Rascal Flatts opening? Gotta say, you have a gift: this and the other videos you've created (like the one for PANDAS Network) always put my heart in my throat but totally inspire and energize me!

Congrats, those of you who organized this Parents Meeting. You've done a great service to all of the PANDAS families across the country and the world!!!

Yesterday afternoon was the first PANDAS Parents Meeting in Indianapolis. I am happy to say that it was a success!

Thank you to all those that attended and presented. Including the presenters, our "in part" sponsor, Organic 3's Dan Corrigan drove down from Michigan and spoke!

We had a cross section of most of the country with parents from Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, New Jersey, Michigan, and California! This proves no matter how far apart we are, we all have the same focus...getting our children better and keeping them healthy!

The empowerment in the room cannot be explained. The parents that attended were determined to connect and share information.

The organizers of the PANDAS Parents Meeting will work on summarizing the day's events and share it with everyone soon. We want to make sure those that were not able to attend, have the opportunity to learn from what was shared as well.

Summaries will be posted on various outlets, including here.

You can also visit the blog that has been devoted to the event.

http://pandasparentsmeeting.blogspot.com/

Again, thank you to evereyone that came!

ps. Our welcome video from the meeting is already up, if anyone is interested...

Edited by Worried Dad

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Vickie, Tammy and Sarah. You did an outstanding job. I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. Its hard to describe what if feels like to talk 'in person' to other parents and learn your own story is not so different from theirs. I met so many nice people and made new friends. I had the opportunity to finally meet and then ride 10hrs and share experiences w/ two other moms from my own area.

The meeting was very well organized. The food was great. I appreciate all the hard work put in to making this meeting a success. Thanks to all the parents who attended.

If you are looking for a probiotic, I would recommend giving GutPro a try. I do not know Mr Corrigan, but I liked what he had to say and I'm going to give his probiotic a try....on myself first. I am on long term abx for RA!

I am also thankful my DS is doing well enough that I could leave him behind w/ Dh and attend. Miracles never cease.

Cindy

I too want to thank all those who worked so hard to put the meeting together. It was a special day and made a huge difference in perception for my husband. He doesn't research or read on line and he doesn't know anyone else with PANDAS children. So for him it was extremely validating and it helped him to meet and connect with other fathers as well. I felt an instant bond to all the Mother's. As though we have all been in the same trenches together, fighting side by side.

Where would any of us be without the support of this board? Thank you all so much for your wide open hearts, kind words and endless support.

Dedee

I, too, would like to offer my thanks and gratitude to the organizers, sponsors, presenters, attendees...and might I add, all those who took care of our children while we were at the meeting (whether they were the other parent, family member, or friend), without knowing our children would be well cared for while we were away, we never could have given ourselves permission to go to the meeting to learn, share, encourage and simply BE with others who have shared this path. I have never been in a room filled people with such courage and wisdom and dedication to persevere under such challenging circumstances. I will be the first to admit that I cried in the presence of such incredible families but those tears were washed away by the warmth, compassion, determination, and hope that only a room of PANDAS parents could provide.

I continue to be in awe of all of you...and am humbled and honored to have spent time in your presence.

With hope for healing,

Mary

from Michigan

I too want to extend my immense gratitude to Vickie, Tammy and Sarah for all of their hard work putting the P's Parents Meeting together. The time and energy spent organizing the event was obvious on every front! Thank you for giving us a venue to make connections, share information and gather inspiration. And a big thank you to the presenters and sponsors, and all the parents who attended. It was so helpful to meet other families facing the same challenges and to gather wisdom and encouragement from all who attended. It was very beneficial for my husband to meet other dads as well. In the past he has struggled to accept the diagnosis and wrap his head around what it all means. The meeting gave him the opportunity to feel part of a community rather than isolated in the struggles of this illness. By extension my son felt part of that community too. He asked me how the meeting was and when I told him that I had met other families with kids who have P's also, he smiled and I just knew that helped him feel connected too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.