ACN Latitudes Forums

low IgG1

I must say that I have found numerous post regarding low IgG1.

(this is one:http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5162&st=0&p=36504&hl=igg1&fromsearch=1entry36504 )

MAYBE is something that is not so common, in fact have low IgG1 is considered rare. it is interesting that PANDAS parents may experience the deficiency of these immunoglobulins.

My daughter was also deficient in IgG1

what I have found so far is this:

- That an IgG1 deficiency is rare (I mean not associated with other deficiencies)

- That being deficient in IgG1 means that you can not fight viral and bacterial infections, where viruses and bacteria have specific protein: specifically, for example, there would be problems with the toxins produced by tetanus and diphtheria. but not only ... there are other viruses and bacteria that give problems with this deficiency

- That the IgG1 deficiency is treated as CVID

My daughter has had serious problems last year with the thetanus-shot. and therefore a lack of IgG1 may explain the severe CNS-reaction that she experienced . Also explain to me the devastating reaction to DTP vaccine at 10 months , vacine that has dropped her into Autism

I ask you parents: HOW MUCH low are the IgG1 in your children?

• 8 months later...

Can anyone answer her question about low IGG 1. I am very curious. Thanks!

[quote name='marilina' timestamp='1320316848' post='124835'

I must say that I have found numerous post regarding low IgG1.

(this is one:http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5162&st=0&p=36504&hl=igg1&fromsearch=1entry36504 )

MAYBE is something that is not so common, in fact have low IgG1 is considered rare. it is interesting that PANDAS parents may experience the deficiency of these immunoglobulins.

My daughter was also deficient in IgG1

what I have found so far is this:

- That an IgG1 deficiency is rare (I mean not associated with other deficiencies)

- That being deficient in IgG1 means that you can not fight viral and bacterial infections, where viruses and bacteria have specific protein: specifically, for example, there would be problems with the toxins produced by tetanus and diphtheria. but not only ... there are other viruses and bacteria that give problems with this deficiency

- That the IgG1 deficiency is treated as CVID

My daughter has had serious problems last year with the thetanus-shot. and therefore a lack of IgG1 may explain the severe CNS-reaction that she experienced . Also explain to me the devastating reaction to DTP vaccine at 10 months , vacine that has dropped her into Autism

I ask you parents: HOW MUCH low are the IgG1 in your children?

Keep in mind that different labs have different ranges, which complicates things. I'm looking a my son's labs - 1 lab has IG1 range at 315-855, the other lab has IG1 range as 347-993. My son is normal IG1, but low IG2 and IG3. Immune deficiencies seem to be common among PANS children.