ACN Latitudes Forums

For those that did the ERMI Test

We have just done a repeat of the labs for mold so I am waiting for the results to see if my son's numbers have decreased at all. We fixed our obvious mold problem (basement hatchway) but I want to do the ERMI to see if we have missed anything. Ironically, after doing the remediation, my son started with a new tic. If his bloodwork hasn't changed, then we need to look into other possibilities (KPU, etc).

Hi, here is the link:

http://www.mycometrics.com/

After having our home mold inspected, getting a repair for mold in our garage, my LLMD just called today, saying my daughter's HLA test came back, and now we have to do this ERMI test :-(

HTH

Personally, I am feeling very weary of the mold issue-

Last month, I spent $2,600 on the mold issue- we had the detailed house inspection, air tests, a reading with the hand held meter everywhere, and our mold issue in the garage totally fixed, and the HLA test was $600, which told us our daughter does not detox properly, which frankly I know, otherwise why would we be in this mess?

We are doing the cholestyramine powder to detox at night- but I have to tell our LLMD that I do not want to spend any more money on the mold issue- he wants futher blood testing, and now the ERMI test-

I have made the house safe, I am going to say no to further testing on this right now- can't afford it, and I feel like we have enough information, and fixed the house issue.

I hear you! Have you seen any improvement with the Cholestyramine? Did you do the blood panel of tests (c3.& c4, et al)?

Personally, I am feeling very weary of the mold issue-

Last month, I spent $2,600 on the mold issue- we had the detailed house inspection, air tests, a reading with the hand held meter everywhere, and our mold issue in the garage totally fixed, and the HLA test was $600, which told us our daughter does not detox properly, which frankly I know, otherwise why would we be in this mess?

We are doing the cholestyramine powder to detox at night- but I have to tell our LLMD that I do not want to spend any more money on the mold issue- he wants futher blood testing, and now the ERMI test-

I have made the house safe, I am going to say no to further testing on this right now- can't afford it, and I feel like we have enough information, and fixed the house issue.

Hi, I do like the Cholestyramine powder- I'd say I see 'better' days on the nights I give it to her, although the last 3 days, we are in a regressive OCD, vocal tics, and just plain MEAN area with her- I have no idea why :-/ *sigh*

And I like it, too- nothing negative from it at all, a rather nice binder, don't feel 'heavy' from it the next day, like I do with bentonite.

She had a stool test that said fungal unknown, possible mold w/the highest marker, and an alternative type of testing (too long to explain) that came up very high mold on her...

Me, my c4a was 19,400 (yikes) but of course, that can be just from chronic lyme...

Her HLA test came back w/ 1 gene defective, but, she has the 'dreaded type' of 4.3.53

Did you do this test?

I do want to say 1 more thing about the cholestyramine powder (and if anyone has info. and chimes in that would be great)

It's orginal intent is a cholestyrol binder- well, my dd and I are thin small people, with not much cholestyrol to spare, I would think (mine has always tested low)

This worries me a bit- I think I read not to stay on it more than 3 months.

Also, our Dr. told us to take a high EPA fish oil about a 1/2 hour after the powder, I believe he said that would help get a dump from the gallbladder...

S&S- I did the HLA DRB, DQB Typing...never really figured it out. Here is my dd's results - can you enlighten me in any way? or anyone? I know my dd has the HLA DR4 gene from a different test done with Dr. J.

DRB1 DRB1*04:01

DRB1 DRB1*07:01

HLA DQ DQB1*02:SS

HLA DQ DQB1*03:JWKX

Code Translation:

SS 01/01/04/05/06

JWKX 02/08/32

DRB3 DRB3*-

DRB3 DRB3*-

DRB4 DRB4*01:ARYE

DRB4 DRB4*-

Code Translation:

ARYE 01:01/01:02/01:03/01:03N/01:04/01:05/01:06/01:07

02:01N

DRB5 DRB5*-

DRB5 DRB5*-

Edited by philamom

S&S- I did the HLA DRB, DQB Typing...never really figured it out. Here is my dd's results - can you enlighten me in any way? or anyone? I know my dd has the HLA DR4 gene from a different test done with Dr. J.

DRB1 DRB1*04:01

DRB1 DRB1*07:01

HLA DQ DQB1*02:SS

HLA DQ DQB1*03:JWKX

Code Translation:

SS 01/01/04/05/06

JWKX 02/08/32

DRB3 DRB3*-

DRB3 DRB3*-

DRB4 DRB4*01:ARYE

DRB4 DRB4*-

Code Translation:

ARYE 01:01/01:02/01:03/01:03N/01:04/01:05/01:06/01:07

02:01N

DRB5 DRB5*-

DRB5 DRB5*-

**If you google 'Shoemaker mold rosetta stone' there is a cryptic explanation- I don't own Shoemaker's books, but in his book is also this 'rosetta stone' for figuring out the code. Our Dr. called specifically to tell me dd's.

From what I am reading from your numbers, and the rosetta stone, this does not appear to me to have the code for

'multisusceptible' which our was, and I was told ours mean my dd has trouble detoxing lyme and mold toxins. Our Dr. mentioned a protocol for it, although I think he forgot we are already on the powder- we have appt. next Monday.

Taking a 2nd look at yours, I see a pattern of 7 2/3 which MAY indicate a problem with mold, but double check me, or with your LLMD!

Hi, I do like the Cholestyramine powder- I'd say I see 'better' days on the nights I give it to her, although the last 3 days, we are in a regressive OCD, vocal tics, and just plain MEAN area with her- I have no idea why :-/ *sigh*

And I like it, too- nothing negative from it at all, a rather nice binder, don't feel 'heavy' from it the next day, like I do with bentonite.

She had a stool test that said fungal unknown, possible mold w/the highest marker, and an alternative type of testing (too long to explain) that came up very high mold on her...

Me, my c4a was 19,400 (yikes) but of course, that can be just from chronic lyme...

Her HLA test came back w/ 1 gene defective, but, she has the 'dreaded type' of 4.3.53

Did you do this test?

Hi, my husband has that dreaded genotype and well as one of my children. Moving out of our moldy home, staying on cholestyramine for maintenance,controlling diet to keep inflammation down, and doing all we can to constantly keep our air clean in our new environment has really made the difference in their health. For what it is worth. Also want to add that maybe your daughter is herxing, as the toxins are being pulled out of hiding they are trying to find somewhere new in the body to embed themselves. I found that when I first took cholestyramine for my mold binding I herxed like crazy. I was taking it more often than once a day though.

Did you do this test?

Hi, my husband has that dreaded genotype and well as one of my children. Moving out of our moldy home, staying on cholestyramine for maintenance,controlling diet to keep inflammation down, and doing all we can to constantly keep our air clean in our new environment has really made the difference in their health. For what it is worth. Also want to add that maybe your daughter is herxing, as the toxins are being pulled out of hiding they are trying to find somewhere new in the body to embed themselves. I found that when I first took cholestyramine for my mold binding I herxed like crazy. I was taking it more often than once a day though.

**THANK YOU--- very helpful.

Our LLMD does think her tests results are very significant- he called me personally right after he got the results to tell me... Guess I will see what he says on Monday at our appts.

Just so much to take in these last few months.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize that when you buy the standard ERMI, even though it comes with 2 samples, the two samples are put together unless you pay for each to be done separately. How did anyone who did this test handle that? Did you combine or pay for separate tests? I'm assuming the benefits of doing them separately would be you would have a better idea of where your issues are but yikes, that's $300 times two :o

Well, I am waiting for our ERMI tests to arrive- I really thought I'd put the mold issue to bed with our inspection,

remediation, and detoxing with the CMS powder, but our LLMD thought it was important to do this ERMI-

so yes, I ordered 2 separate tests, one for dd's bedroom, 1 for mine-

yep, about $300 bucks total.

Dr. said he is looking for <50%, don't vacuum 2 weeks before collection.

Mine was $300 total but the guy in the phone told me the two samples would be combined unless I paid a separate amount for each sample. So I'm interpreting that to mean $600 for two separate rooms.

Well, I am waiting for our ERMI tests to arrive- I really thought I'd put the mold issue to bed with our inspection,

remediation, and detoxing with the CMS powder, but our LLMD thought it was important to do this ERMI-

so yes, I ordered 2 separate tests, one for dd's bedroom, 1 for mine-

yep, about $300 bucks total.

Dr. said he is looking for <50%, don't vacuum 2 weeks before collection.