ACN Latitudes Forums

private insurance, state insurance, self pay

danddd

So, our health ins. is really pretty aweful to us (as most are I suppose). we have to fight and appeal EVERYTHING. We have seen all the doctors that are in-network just to satisfy them, and they still treat me terrible. Now they just try to pass me off to someone else, confuse me by making no sense, or "disconnecting" me. I am thinking that maybe I will abandon private health care, enroll in state health care. and with the premiums we no longer have to pay (almost 2 grand a month) we could use that to pay out of pocket for the doctors and treatment we need (which we already do sometimes). Then we would not have to fight,or worry about being denied. However, it would be hard if the bills end up being more than the yearly premium we have always struggled to pay. we were reimbursed for one ivig, but it took so long, and i dont know yet if they will do the same for the second one dd had. They woundnt approve seeing the doc who gave the ivig, and they wont approve seeing the new doc we are seeing that is closer to us. I am so tired of them taking so much money, and then doing all they can to prevent dd from getting better. Can anyone share their experience, you can p.m. me if you like. (we need a revolution, but how can a bunch of tired parents going though ###### start one?)

thanks,

Dan