ACN Latitudes Forums

Hydrocortisone with Lyme & tics?

We got some of our test results on DS19 from our visit to Dr. C in Missouri a couple of weeks ago. His cortisol is pretty low & the Dr wants him to take hydrocortisone pills.

Now that has me a little nervous because I have been hearing for so long that you should avoid steroids with Lyme, and also if you suffer from tics.

We had some allergy testing done while we were there & they got him started with allergy drops that ended up increasing his tics pretty significantly. They said to stop the drops, which they are going to dilute further, and not to resume until his body has returned to the previous baseline.

BUT, as always happens when his allergies increase, we got sick with some kind of bug. DS19's tics are still showing no sign of returning to where they were.

I'm going to have to call the office tomorrow to find out what we should do, but I would love to have some feedback about the whole cortisol/hydrocortisone issue. I'm extremely nervous right now about doing anything to make him tic worse as we are now approaching the severe level we were at last year before we started treating him.

If there is adrenal/thyroid fatigue, at some point hormones may need to be addressed. I was prescribed hydrocortisone, but have not taken it, always energy testing bad for it. My pregnenolone, a master hormone that gets turned into cortisol or testosterone or estrogen etc as the body deems fit, was also extremely low, and I am taking some of that, low amounts that energy test good, and energy is improving slightly/slowly.

Before going on pregnenolone, I did try other adrenal things to help energy, the herbals like licorice extract and a couple others. They helped with energy a lot but then after a week or so I crashed as I slowly did not test for them anymore.

My conclusion is these things are important but tricky and addressing with care is appropriate.

No longer interested in the rtms trial?

Still interested in RTMS, but it is on the back burner for now. I still want to look into it if the Lyme treatment doesn't help DS19, but figure since we know without a doubt at this point that he has borrelia, in addition to the several other possible infections, just addressing the tics would be a bad idea. Definitely want to go after the bugs before they cause any more damage!