ACN Latitudes Forums

So Hyper!

Saw a similar thread regarding hyperactivity from a tooth coming in. This got me to thinking about hyperactivity in general. PANS symptoms can morph from OCD to tics to impulsivity to hyperactivity and sometimes all of the above combined. My DS10 right now is reacting to something (he's been fine since August)-- I think he's reacting to his brother's recent viral infection. He's got NO OCD issues right now-- he is just really, really hyper!. I have given him motrin, and switched back to daily antbx (just for anit- inflammatory purposes). I have upped the exercise. But he's so hyper that it made me jump over to the ADHD forum tonight to see what else is out there. I am hoping of course this will settle back down soon but if it doesn't-- then what? Do we consider some other line of treatment to treat hyperactivity? He's tearing through the house, falling down, talking incessantly with a high-pitched voice...

My DS had his first onset on PANDAS/PANS symptoms on Sept 10 of this year. (Severe OCD, tics, fears and some hyperactivity) He did one month of Augmentin ES and his symptoms improved very much, however we are left with severe hyperactivity, impulsivity and non stop talking and questioning. Oh and when Trick or Treating, he fell down multiple times and had seemingly no awareness of danger-DH and I were worn out! We will start ABX again-his ped is willing to give more, but I don't think this is our entire answer. We have an appointment with Dr. M. in a couple of weeks and I am so anxious to hear what she has to say. So, no help here other than to say I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

My son is similar. He has broken an arm, a toe and a tooth along with other injuries. He breaks something in the house every day and scares the life out of me riding his bike, skateboard, etc... He's so reckless! I would say it has been his worst symptom for the past 6 months or so.

I posted about my son's hyperactivity nearly a week ago after episode started with loss of a baby tooth. He started a steroid burst (first ever) and it helped him tremendously. Today is day 5 of steroid burst he looks really good. Calm, talking normal instead of constant nonsense talking, sleeping 1o hours straight for 3 nights now and falling asleep faster instead of sitting up in bed and kicking his legs and talking and laughing.

Its the first time he ever took steroids and I was so nervous but a huge relief to him. I did notice he had increase in appetite though. Now that the burst is over I pray he can hold on. Will let you know.