ACN Latitudes Forums

I have a PLAN!

dcmom

We need to find the youngest, smartest and wealthiest pandas parent- they need to go to med school and become a doctor.

This way we might finally get a doc that can really treat this disorder correctly :)

(sorry- this just came to me- its a daydream, really, wish it could be me...)

Maybe we could go for the oldest, smartest PANDAS patient, instead? :P

Wealthy . . . that'd be nice. But who among us has any wealth to speak of once you've thrown most of your resources at this abominable condition?!?! :angry:

Perhaps we could collectively sponsor a scholarship?

Emmalilly? Emerson? What do you say?!?!

"I need a hero,

I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night . . . . " :D

Hi Nancy ;)

My daughter wants to be a neurologist! But she is only 11......

I just think we don't have enough clinicians really looking at this. Yes, we have researchers, and a few clinicians (mostly set in their ways to some extent).

We need some fresh eyes....

My son is 16 and is taking elective health related courses in high school. Says he wants to do something in the medical profession. I keep pushing toward immunology, but he is worried about all the years of college. He is on board for college but says he wants to be out while he is still young. I'm still holding out hope....... :D

Dedee

Sorry, no go folks, I hate medicine haha. But I do have three pre-med friends, two of which I'm talking up to PANDAS to, and one of them is a junior undergrad at Berkley planning on going into infectious disease so...I'm trying :D

Whoo hoo! Go for it!

Well, I am definitely not the youngest, smartest or wealthiest, but.. I do have a 21 year old genius son, who is taking his MCATS in January. He has seen first hand what Strep did to his 5 year old little sister. He is definitely a PANDAS believer. I have mentioned several times for him to pick a specialty that treats PANDAS and he would have more patient's than he could handle. He is definitely interested!

I might add, that this is the son, who had transient tics and anxiety as a child.

Edited by Haileymadison

I as a Mom will go, if someone else can afford it! I actually was PreMed before my ds wa born so sickly. Would be cool if we could get someone to donate a scholarship! My best friends fiancee, in med school, is at Nih in Immuno, I turned him onto Pandas, he was shocked!

My daughter's pediatrician is a professor at a med school. He uses my daughter as a case study and makes a point of his interns meeting her. He is making the next generation of doctors aware, at least among those students he has contact with.

I have hope, though. As little as 2 years ago, awareness in the medical community was next to nil. I'm seeing more and more awareness and acceptance, even if they still don't really know what to do about it. Its all too late to save my daughter- but the message is getting out there.