ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. Trileffiti

in some states, the lab is not required to (or maybe not even allowed?) to give you your results.

i am in Virginia and I have not been able to get labs straight from quest or lab corp. I researched it once and I am pretty sure it is state law issue.

personally i think it is riduculous. but, no one asked me, i guess!

Dr. T is great but very overworked & understaffed. It's so hard for us because we all need help for our kids & I know from our experience with Dr. T. - he really cares about his patients but can't possibly do so much for so many all the time. If you can tolerate the periods of waiting he is a good doc. And if you set up a phone consult (there will be a fee) you will surely get your money's worth. I figured out after a while that I need consults every so often to go over where we are at & new changes that we have to adjust for. I think that varies from person to person as to how much contact you need. Whenever I would get frustrated I reminded myself how many docs we had been through that NEVER got on the phone :) Good luck!

He did get back to me this morning and I set up another phone consult for Monday but he wants treatment started asap. I am also flying to dr. B in conneticut for a consult in December, so I'm hoping between Dr. T and Dr. B we can figure out the best plan for our son.

Also, I use lab Corp and they have never sent me labs before but I like that you can tell them and thy will send you a set too.

Little red dis you have your phone consult ????

We have it scheduled for Tuesday. Hopeful!

I've also had communication issues with Dr. T but he responds quickly if my pediatrician calls him directly. I'm one of the lucky ones with an excellent ped on board! I agree, also call him at 8 because he answers the phone himself. The first time I called that was the case and I nearly fainted not expecting an actual doctor to answer his own phone!

Some tips:

#1 - always get your medical records or lab rests copied for your own file. Afterwards, getting records is very difficult, Legally a doctor's offcie does not have to copy them for you. The records are theirs and do not belong to you, even though they are records about you or your kids.

#2 always have all leb work or any other medical testing copied to you.

#3 - Dr T and all other PANDAS Dctrs are hard to get ahold of. They have alot of patients. Dr T works alone most days wth NO receptionist. So call early. The best appointment you can have with him is IN PERSON, at least the first one.