ACN Latitudes Forums

Blood testing for other contributing factors

I have been reading so many intersting things on this forum about different tests, numerous treatments, food avoidances, vitamin supplements, etc. I feel overwhelmed. Just when I think that I have all of the pieces to the puzzle, I think 'maybe there is another one that I might be missing'.

I am working with a ped on our path to discovery and treatment. We are using resources and recommendations of other physicians and research studies. We are on abx augmentin and zith.

I would like to request from our ped to have some additonal blood work done. We had the ASO, Anti-Dnase tests run - PANDAS and we had Lyme test done - positive. I would welcome any ideas on recommended tests that would enlighten us on what could be contributing to the symptoms - tics, OCD, anxiety, fidgetty, difficulty falling asleep, achy back, hyperactivity, has to touch everything, inattentivenesss (He doesn't have all of them all of the time, so I think we might be missing something).

I would also welcome any at-home 'treatments' that we could try to help with the symptoms.

Since he tested positive for Lyme, you might want to check out the Lyme and Related Diseases Forum on here. Other "pieces of the puzzle" often discussed over there include KPU, mold, viruses, vitamin D, EMFs, biofilms, Babesia, Bartonella, mycoplasma and probably other things I'm forgeting. Most of our kids also have PANDAS, or were originally diagnosed with it, so you will find relevant info there.

You can also get some good information from the Great Pains OATS test and the NeuroScience Neurotransmitter Profile. These are very easy at home urine collection kits that you send off. They will give you a good luck at gut and nutritional health, along with the current Neurotransmitter levels (dopamine, seratonine, etc.) These are all important to look at when you are trying to put all the puzzle pieces together. We are about to do food allergy testing as well and this can be done in conjunction with the Great Plains OATS test.

Good luck!

Cindy