ACN Latitudes Forums

Wildest thing thus far -----mutism

So I asked he if she’d heard of PANDAS, and she said no, so I handed her the papers I downloaded off the Internet. She left and said she’d be back in a few minutes, guess she was going to read them. She came back with a Strep Test kit, and said “We’re going to test him for strep.” Remember this is one month later…

She did the test, and left again. Less than five minutes later she came back and said, “The test was high positive.” But added that he could be a carrier.

She gave him antibiotics, and by the third day he was able to walk out of the house, and by the forth day, he got into his dads truck and went for a short trip with him again.

It was a personal test for us because he wouldn’t leave the house prior, without allot of crying.

I’ve never in our 18 years of being together seen his dad cry, he tried to hide it but we looked at each other, and tears where just streaming down his face, he tried to hold our baby over his shoulder so he couldn’t see him.

And my son looked over dads shoulder and said it his tiny voice, “Mommy, can we bring a snack?”

I literally jumped into the air, with both fists up!!!!

I saw dads knees buckle as though he was going to drop on the ground, and I heard him audibly crying, as quietly as he could.

Mom-Me, Well done--thanks for sharing this. We all are fighting for our children, and I certainly understand your mother's heart--it comes across beautifully. I hope one day we meet in person, with children well and whole.

My best, Tmom:)

• 4 weeks later...

So I asked he if she’d heard of PANDAS, and she said no, so I handed her the papers I downloaded off the Internet. She left and said she’d be back in a few minutes, guess she was going to read them. She came back with a Strep Test kit, and said “We’re going to test him for strep.” Remember this is one month later…

She did the test, and left again. Less than five minutes later she came back and said, “The test was high positive.” But added that he could be a carrier.

She gave him antibiotics, and by the third day he was able to walk out of the house, and by the forth day, he got into his dads truck and went for a short trip with him again.

It was a personal test for us because he wouldn’t leave the house prior, without allot of crying.

I’ve never in our 18 years of being together seen his dad cry, he tried to hide it but we looked at each other, and tears where just streaming down his face, he tried to hold our baby over his shoulder so he couldn’t see him.

And my son looked over dads shoulder and said it his tiny voice, “Mommy, can we bring a snack?”

I literally jumped into the air, with both fists up!!!!

I saw dads knees buckle as though he was going to drop on the ground, and I heard him audibly crying, as quietly as he could.

Mom-Me, Well done--thanks for sharing this. We all are fighting for our children, and I certainly understand your mother's heart--it comes across beautifully. I hope one day we meet in person, with children well and whole.

My best, Tmom:)

Thank you Tmom, I apologize for not having responded sooner.

Yes, I would love it if we all could say that our children are well and whole.

I feel that this thing can be fought and won.

Although it’s very scary in the mean-time.

Wishing nothing but happiness for you and your family.

With love….