ACN Latitudes Forums

Metametrix complete GI stool profile back

That is a good question- not sure of the actual cost savings, depends on your Doc, I think.

I was impatient, and ordered the test on my own without my Dr. (didn't want to wait until our next phone consultation, this is when I was working w/our previous treating Dr.)

Anyway, when I sent over to our Dr. the test results, he told me he could have ordered the test for me and saved me some money.

I do think it is an excellent test- to get a print out of what herbs, antifungal prescript. and antibx prescript. work best for the individual, plus I learned a thing or 2 I had no idea was going on---

Not very fun to send back to the lab, tho :-/ (Eww, that was rough. But, other stool tests make you collect and send it 3 different samples- this one comes with 3 different test tubes with chemicals, you go off of 1 sample. I did pull my dd off all supplements for the 3 days ahead of time required.)

Thank you. They show a great sample report & interpretive guide on the second link you posted. I think i'll order this for dd.

Through Dr. T's account with Metametrix I paid $395, which is the same price you can get it for without a doctor as S & S posted. The only advantage for me is that we have met our out-of-network deductible, so I'm hoping to get some back. I don't think the insurance companies will reimburse for something not ordered by a doctor. I'm not real hopeful insurance will pay though as it is a stool test. I have never tried to get a stool test reimbursed before. And I will probably only get half back even if they do approve it. That said, the information it gave was very helpful, and I felt the money was well spent.

Through Dr. T's account with Metametrix I paid $395, which is the same price you can get it for without a doctor as S & S posted. The only advantage for me is that we have met our out-of-network deductible, so I'm hoping to get some back. I don't think the insurance companies will reimburse for something not ordered by a doctor. I'm not real hopeful insurance will pay though as it is a stool test. I have never tried to get a stool test reimbursed before. And I will probably only get half back even if they do approve it. That said, the information it gave was very helpful, and I felt the money was well spent.

Good point. I think I will have our DAN run it so I can try and submit it to insurance. A while back I ran the OAT test from Great Plains and our insurance reimbursed some.