ACN Latitudes Forums

OCD cut up

kirk27

Hi all i am new here i am from uk, i have ocd and recently i have decided to disect ocd , cut the chain and examine the links ,

i am also undertaking a big awarness card project, see,

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27665950/

here is my disection i hope it relates .....

TIED RITUALS, (dominant ingrained ocd)

this means a sufferer will live a life around a paticular fixed and ingrained ritual, this is most common a wash or a check to a OCD person is vital, to a family a knightmare , fixed ritualls contain a large dose of anxiety and can be extremley controlling example is when a sufferer finaly breaks free from a check or a shower they may feel they can rest and settle , but because the anxiety and emotional levels are not yet settled the overwhelming idea can come to the conclusion that the only solution is a the ritual. example can be when whan a person , family member creats mess or unchecks a check, immediatly the anxiety and thought come together creating a strong urge ,to (a invisinble chain) leading u back to ,,,,,,,,ta da , the tied ritual. again, :o

THE WALL of anxiety. (usely experianced mid ritual,

The wall of anxiety is themost overpowering feeling ever , infact it makes you feel cut off and you just cant climb or shout over it, it is at this point an ocd sufferer will think , ..this is stupid, you agknlowlage its silly , mad , , daft , crazy , humiliating , and yet guess what ??? you still give into the act that is tied in with the so called wall, its a bugger and the only way for a sufferer to beat this is two ways , deep breaths and walk away , this is ultimate fightback or you can just give into ocd ,

none the less this feeling is hurtfall.

THE FINISH LINE (striveing point near end of ritual)

sometimes when a person can not control a ritual they really can,? confused if a person showers and breaks free, or changes cloths on and off, there will be a point when you will decide what will confirm the end of the ritual, this is rare and we will question who is in control at that point but there will be one thing you / do or goes to , to signal the end of the act , what ever it maybe , getting in bed toucheing an object you name it .

AVOIDANCE (a response to the ocd world) and escape stratagy)

this is a way of avoiding the sufferer will sheild themselves , wraped, covered to avoid ocd going for the kill, on a subject and useing it against you

(bitz), if you are lucky many get away with it, if unlucky you may rush back the tried ritual. to tidy. check, or clean intill another attack forward can be made ,its cases like these that make rituals last for hours, the WALL also is very dominant to.

my site www.freewebs.com/pureocd

• 3 weeks later...

I've always wondered how I got OCD. After studying MERCURY TOXICITY via Childhood Vaccinations, I began to put the pieces together. Here are my conclusions:

1. The symptoms of neurotoxicity of mercury (presented to us INTRAVEINOUSLY via Childhood Vaccines as 'Thimerosol', a preservative,

OK - I'm new to this format. My last response was cut short.

Here is the finale'.

IN A NUTSHELL - I believe some of us reacted badly (in an obvious way) to the mercury we received via our childhood vaccines. Mercury is a neurotoxin. That means it affects our BRAINS

• 1 month later...

Hi there, it can be mercury but it can be other things like deficencies as well. My son has vitamin deficencies and an inability to properly process B6 which causes lots of chain reactions. His neurotransmitters are all out of whack as well and we are trying to properly balance those with precursors 5HTP and SAM-e and it is working quite well. Read lots here and over on the Tourettes board as many Tourettes people have cormorbid OCD and they use lots of alternative treatments over on that board.

Good luck,

Giselle