Thyroid Peroxidase & Thyroglobulin Antibodies

Estrogen

LH

Progesterone

Prolactin

Testosterone, Free and total

FSH

Cortisol

Thank you philamom. Do you mind telling what doctor orders it for your daughter? And why is it run every three months? Do you think it is a problem more related to girls than boys?

My daughter gets a complete work-up every 3 months from her llmd. Lyme is known to run havoc on the endocrine system. Not sure if it's more related to girls.

My son has issues with hypothyroid problems. He was treated with 'Armour Thyroid' prescription until just this last week. Now he is on 'Nature-thyroid' (non-prescription). Also, after doing some reading it appears that the adrenal gland is also treated along with thyroid problems. Cannot remember exactly why there is a connection but it seems if the adrenal gland is not working correctly it affects the thyroid as well. Son has been treated with 'Drenatrophin' and 'Adrenal Ven' (both are non-prescription).

Just an FYI, my son's symptoms were flaring up after returning to public school after more than a year, and his thyroid numbers (TSH and T4) completely flipped in terms of high/low numbers. I asked the doctor why the thyroid would react to virus's in other people around my son, and she said that the thyroid very easily reacts to other things happening in the body. Hence, the flare-up of 'flu-like' symptoms which my son has had for over a 1 1/2 yrs. We are still waiting to get results back that might indicated 'mold' issues in the buildings/rooms (mostly the portables) that he was in for classes.

Sorry if some/all of this does not make sense, it is difficult for me to understand as well.

My son has issues with hypothyroid problems. He was treated with 'Armour Thyroid' prescription until just this last week. Now he is on 'Nature-thyroid' (non-prescription). Also, after doing some reading it appears that the adrenal gland is also treated along with thyroid problems. Cannot remember exactly why there is a connection but it seems if the adrenal gland is not working correctly it affects the thyroid as well. Son has been treated with 'Drenatrophin' and 'Adrenal Ven' (both are non-prescription).

Just an FYI, my son's symptoms were flaring up after returning to public school after more than a year, and his thyroid numbers (TSH and T4) completely flipped in terms of high/low numbers. I asked the doctor why the thyroid would react to virus's in other people around my son, and she said that the thyroid very easily reacts to other things happening in the body. Hence, the flare-up of 'flu-like' symptoms which my son has had for over a 1 1/2 yrs. We are still waiting to get results back that might indicated 'mold' issues in the buildings/rooms (mostly the portables) that he was in for classes.

Sorry if some/all of this does not make sense, it is difficult for me to understand as well.

Thank you JuliaFaith. I will look into having my son's thyroid check. I'll post if it uncovers anything helpful.